I have got something red on my finger, which hasn’t look nice at all. It was red, oozing and bleeding. Sometimes it reminds me of raw hamburger meat. Off course I went to the doctor, who said that is pyogenic granuloma. I would like to hear more about that, why it came and how it might be treated.

Pyogenic granuloma is relatively common skin growth; usually looks like you described it. It often seems to follows a minor injury and grows rapidly over a period of a few weeks. An average size rose to a half an inch. The upper trunk, head, neck, hands and feet are the most commonly sites. Pyogenic granuloma can occur at any age, but is least common in the very young and the very old people. It is seen most often in children and pregnant women, when is called pregnancy tumor. Also it occurs with those taking the drugs Soriatane, Indinavir, Accutane and oral contraceptives. Those are always benign growths and most granulomas are scraped off with an instrument called a curetter. It is lightly cauterized to decrease the chance they will re-grow. Local anesthetic is required in form of injection. Laser surgery also may be done, but hasn’t been proven to be superior.