I have a son six months old and he is usually not a very fussy baby. For the last few days, he has many green stools. I have heard something about over active letdown or foremilk imbalances. This made me confused because I do not know if that is reason for his green stools. I do not know if that is important, I have been taking an iron supplement for the last week.

Since I had a baby not so long time ago, I think I could help you answering this. First, to say that you are right, there are a few different possibilities your baby has green stools. You have to take care you are feeding him correctly. Taking him off the breast with the first letdown and letting it flow into a cloth is one advice I could give you. I find it helpful to only feeding on one side. Your son is definitely the right age for a growth spurt, so that is probably the fussiness issue, but not the green stools. Green stools can be from a variety of issues you need to know. Too much foremilk, or iron supplement, or food intolerance are found as causes of green stools. In your case, I think it is definitely one of the first two. Maybe you should think of backing off on the iron supplement, and if that does not help ask your doctor more about it.