For the past six months, I have had a bump behind the left ear at the hairline. I notice its size increases when I get out of bed in the morning, then it decreases in size, but never totally goes away. I have gone to few doctors and all of them say, it is a swollen lymph node. One doctor suggested it was a possible infection. Do I need surgery? Please help me, I need info on surgery in case I need to remove bump behind ear.

I had the surgery, but I had no choice. I had a bump which turned out to be tumor. They were not sure if the tumor was benign, so surgery was the only way to be safe. Thank god it was successful. After I woke up from surgery I had a 'pirate's smile' because the nerves on the left hand side of my face were weakened. My left eye also closed heaps more slowly than my right. A with a very long stitch which stretched from behind my left ear right up to my hairline at eyebrow level and For weeks I couldn't sleep on my left side, and my left ear felt numb like a piece of plastic stuck on. The lump was benign and the scar has healed pretty well now, which is good.

so what happened to the bump?