Hello. I'm 45 year old male and before I go to some doctor- I would like to hear more about my symptoms.
You see, first thing that is present almost for a year now is inability to breath on my nose. I have never known what could be the cause.
These last couple of weeks I have also noticed that I have reduced sense of smell.
I was talking about this with one doctor, who is also a family friend and he told me I should visit him because there is great chance that I've developed some kind of growths in my nose. Supposedly they are called nasal polyps!

Hi. I would really like to help you but I can't see no reason why you still didn’t contact this doctor- friend of yours.
Nasal polyps are very common and I wouldn’t describe them as something so alarming but things could complicate.
The cause of nasal polyps is not well understood but anyway- they can cause nose blockade, prevent nasal breathing and reduce the sense of smell. Problem could also be in your deviated septum!
Not all nasal polyps require surgical treatment!
Nasal sprays and drops containing corticosteroids can sometimes help because they are able shrink the polyps. Surgery may be needed to remove larger growths.