A girl messaged me claiming my boyfriend gave her chlamydia. She was 100% HE was the one who gave it to her. So I went to get tested, and it came back positive for chlamydia as well. He went to get tested, and it came out negative!!! Does anyone know how this would be possible?!

Hi Girl,

Have you had sex with anyone else?  You can carry it for a while without symptoms.

It could also be your boyfriend really didn't get tested.

Hope it helps.

Thanks medic-Dan, The last partner I had was 13 months ago. And if it had been a previous partner I contracted it from, shouldn't my bf have gotten it from me? We've been having sex for 9 months now. Perhaps he didn't get tested, but he seemed pretty concerned with the possibility of sterility.. So I doubt he would just ignore it. Is it possible for your body to cure chlamydia on its own after a while?

He wouldn't necessarily have to get it from you. Like most infections you don't automatically "catch it" just because you are exposed.

He may have a higher immunity.

It's not something that is considered to "cure" itself. It does respond well to antibiotics though.