I recently had Morton's Neuroma remove from my left foot. It has been 7 days since the surgery, but i am having really bad pain going from my calf to my thigh. Also I have this burning streaching pain on the bottom of my foot. Did anyone have these symtoms?

Thanks
Dee

Hey there,

Hope your is feeling better by now?

I had my neuroma surgery on 8th dec, so i'ts not quite a week yet, but i have to say, it has not felt any different each day, and now i have run out of the drugs they gave me straight after, im a bit concerned what i do when it gets bad again (usually at night).

I would love to hear how urs went, as i didnt find the info they give you when you leave very useful.

Thanks,

Jenny

I have the same problem. I have pain in my calf which extends to my thigh. It has been a week since my surgery and I really do regret having this surgery. I was told I could walk 2 days after surgery, but as I read was that too soon for the doctor to advise me to walk? I put a heating pad on my leg every night to help alleviate some of the pain in my leg. The pain pills prescribed get me very nauseous. Is there physical therapy to help recover from this surgery?

I am due to have surgery on my right foot next week. Ihope to be skiing at christmas - 6 weeks time - what are my chances??? Also having an operation for carpal tunnel the following week on my left wrist - will i be able to cope with both - neuroma is general anaesthetic and wrist is local any comments welcome.

Hi Dee

Yes i had 2 removed in May, and i had the calf pain, but it has eased off the calf a bit now.

But im still suffering the pain and back and forward to the hospital.

Im now wearing flip flops as NOTHING can touch it. I was doing my dance medals and doctor wont reply when i ask if i will ever dance again. I am in so much pain i cant tell you. wish i did not have it done now.

Hi - I''m sorry you have had pain. I'll suggest what I'm trying now for Neuroma pain: calcium AEP. I'm taking 8/day (I weigh 125). This type of calcium helps the myelin sheathing of the nerves. Wellness Resources also suggests Bone and Joint Helper. Can't hurt - the drs don't give this kind of advice.

a cold pack should help more than heat, at least for me. Otherwise rotate cold and hot for circulation.