I had surgery 2 days ago for Morton's neuroma left foot, between 3 & 4 toes. Have had foot elevated with ice since per dr.orders. He said partial weight bearing with crutches after the block wears off. So far so good. Will see dr on Wed for check up. Have had severe pain for many years especially when skiing. My foot would get in terrible pain when skiing steep slopes all day. I would have to stop and take my foot out of the ski boot and massage my foot until pain went away. SURGERY was my last resort to be able to ski and walk pain free. I hope I have succesful results. Most of what I read on here are horror stories. THere must be some good success stories out there. I would like to read more positive stories on this subject. I will update as I can and hopefully will have good news. I am curious to what the recovery program will be, how soon to be able to walk with out the crutches, ect. I guess it is different for everyone.

Hello, I am wondering how you faired with your neuroma surgery. I just had my neuroma removed 3 days ago, and so far I have had my foot elevated with minimal pain. Are you back to your normal activities? Do you have any pain?

I HAD MY SURGERY ON FRIDAY APR. 9 2010. TODAY IS WEDNESDAY 5 DAYS POST OPP. I HAVE NO PAIN WHEN I HAVE MY FOOT ELEVATED BUT IF I PUT ANY PRESSURE ON THE BALL OF MY FOOT I WILL FEEL PAIN. TOP PART OF MY FOOT FEELS PUFFY AND SWOLLEN. I FEEL LIKE I SHOULD BE ICEING BUT I DON' GET THE BANDAGE CHANGED UNTIL TOMORROW. ILL KNOW HOW TO PROCEED AFTER SEEIN DOCTOR.