My mom suffers from neuroma. She has difficulty walking. I would like to know how neuroma feels like. She also has some swelling on her foot. I feel very sorry for her. I don’t know how to help her.

The neuroma usually causes pain in the ball of the foot with weight bearing and many people with this condition report feeling a painful sensation while walking, and sharp pains that spread out to the two toes where the nerve ends. It can feel like electric shocks, similar to hitting your funny bone on the elbow.

i recently had a morton's neuroma removed also. wow. Interesting. I had a few cortizone shot's which just temporarily hid the pain, and numbed my foot. After a week and a half, back to the pain. I am almost a 20 year UPS delivery driver, and I bet that all those step downs from my package car didn't help this situation. One alcohol sclerosing shot put me in hell. Too much pain, and couldn't walk, so told the doc no more alcohol shots. Terrible, excruiating pain. Had surgery over a month and a half ago, and almost back to normal now. They went thru top of foot and left a jagged scar almost 2 inches long. Doc said that the neuroma I had in my foot was a "hum-dinger" nice term doc. Same area in bottom of my foot completely numb. Will this stay this way, the rest of my life? If i step on a nail just the right way ,will i feel it? who knows. I go back to doc in a few days, 30 day post opp check up... will see......It seems to be going great so far. I have to walk around 5 miles a day, so I need my feet, not another career!!! good luck to all