I always had a full head of hair. After my nose surgery my hair started to fall out. I was all excited I would have a perfect nose but then my hair started to fall out. I would say I lost like 60% of my hair on top. I had to start wearing a hat. When I went back to my surgeon and asked his about this he said this is very common. I then talked with other people who had face surgery and they also experienced hair loss. I will say 45% of the hair I lost grew back and it is 10 months after my surgery. Hopefully more will come back.

Any of you out there experience hair loss after your surgery?

I'm a 22 year-old male, who is currently encountering a similar situation. Approximately three months after surgery, large numbers of hair started to shed in the shower. I am eight months post surgery and am still loosing hair both in the shower as well as throughout the day. I asked my surgeon and he didn't seem to think there was any correlation between my rhinoplasty surgery and the rapid hair loss I have experienced. I disagree, as balding is not in my family and I have never experienced hair loss prior to this. At the moment I can't say that my situation is getting appreciably better, it seems that as soon as some of the hair has returned, other hairs in a different part of the hair growth cycle fall out. I can certainly say that it is no worse than it was at the worst point, but it is not appreciably better.

I also hopeful that more hair will return in the coming months.

Srobert,

Your are already 8 months after your surgery. Chances of more hair coming back are very slim. I am one year after my surgery and I have extremely thin hair on top. Apparently, the chemicals the inject into your nose and face are extremely strong and kill hair. I am thinking about hair transplant. But even with hair transplant you just have hair not a full head of hair.