Hello. I'm 24 year old female and I would like to get some information about one operation I'm interested about.
To be honest with you, I'm very happy with the way I look right now. I had minor problems with being overweight earlier in life, but I have managed to control my weight and I have no problems with it anymore. But I'm not so happy with one aspect of my physical appearance- my nose. So, just recently I started to think about rhinoplasty and someone gave me some good information about some Dr Pastorek, surgeon. Did anyone have any experience with him?

Hello. My best friend recently had a rhinoplasty operation performed by this Dr Norman Pastorek. Doctor told him that there are three possible reasons for this operation- the first is to better ones appearance. The second is to remedy discrepancies stemming from accident, disease or abnormality and the third is to improve ones breathing effectiveness.
Before this operation he also wanted to go to some good surgeon because he was afraid of operation failure.
He was been told that this is probably the best surgeon in the country.
Norman J. Pastorek, M.D., is a New York-based facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon. He has been performing rhinoplasty for 32 years. Beside this he is clinical professor and director of the division of facial plastic surgery at New York Presbyterian Hospital-Cornell Medical Center.

Anyone get a rhinoplasty by this doctor? How much? How was it?

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

He is phenomenal! I had rhinoplasty with him in March and I have never looked better. He makes these subtle changes that make you look ten times better and he works with your facial structure. So the whole package looks utterly incredible. I have never been happier with his work. He is a genius and has an amazing eye. His work is natural, he delivers exactly what he promises and I cannot recommend him more. His work is not the typical nose job nose, it is subtle and amazing. No one noticed my nose, they all just said I look that much prettier. It is so natural and gorgeous. The surgery costs about 13,000 dollars, and well worth it. He is the top of the top. I recommend no one else and I have many friends who have had nose jobs elsewhere and theres don't compare

Pastorek is absolutely terrible and I would never recommend him. He was responsible for leaving me with a crippled nose. He made great promises to me, few of which went fulfilled. The one thing he does very well is 'hump removal' - a more basic procedure. Without warning or pre-consultation he removed almost all cartilage from the tip of my nose in an effort to prevent it from dipping when I smiled, effectively causing the tip of my nose to now be mostly bone. The small bit of cartilage that is left gives my nose an asymmetry, as it is so small there is a bit of 'float' which allows it to move a bit. He further recommended a small reduction in my turbinates which has now caused me breathing difficulty and discomfort due to poorly humidified air. One or the other of my nasal passages is always stuffed. He may work out for some of those who read this, but I'll sum up my experience this way - not a DAY passes that I don't wish to have my old nose back. Good luck and take care.

im getting one by him and i keep hearing how amazing he is but ive seen some of his work and im not impressed. i don't know how th noses looked before but he wants to fix the tip of my nose so when i smile it doesnt dip!!! what should i do?

I don't normally post to these types of sites but I came across this because I am looking for revision rhinoplasty.

Norman Pastorek did my nose in 2008 and I am NOT happy with the results. I went in for what he claimed was "minor" work. Just slight narrowing at the top of the nose and slight removal of cartilage at the tip. One side of my nose now has a bump on it (up at the same level as my left eye), the right side is perfectly smooth. The side with the bump has a hollowed out space under it. Basically my nose is crooked because he did not thin out the top part evenly on both sides.

I went to him a few months into recovery concerned about my nose being uneven. He claimed that he would fix my nose by filling out the hollow. I told him that I felt a bump and that the bone needed to be shaved down to be even with the other side. He dismissed my opinion (which I let him because I still trusted him as my doctor) and said that he could take a graft of cartilage from my ear to fill out the hollow and fix the entire problem.

So a year after the original rhino I went into his office for this "touch up". I had to pay another $1200 for the operating fee (annoying but I did not complain). It made absolutely NO difference in the way my nose looks, because the bump is still there so my nose is simply not even. After the bandages came off and the nose was so swollen I couldn't tell if he had fixed it or not, I asked him what happens if the problem is not fixed and when should I come in for a follow up. He completely dismissed my concerns and said "No follow up needed, it's perfect." I felt like he could not get me out of his office fast enough, he had gotten my money and didn't care if the nose didn't look right. He could have shaved the bone down, but basically, didn't want to deal with a more complicated surgery, just wanted me in and out of there since I was taking up his time.

I am currently looking to get revision rhino and will be consulting with Tabbal and a few others. I wouldn't be writing this about Pastorek after the first surgery because I know rhinoplasty results can vary and it's not always the surgeon's fault. But in his case it's his lazy attitude and lack of concern that upsets and disgusts me.

Stay away from this doctor!!!!

If anybody wants to get the best nose job ever, go to SAM RIZK in NY, he is THE BEST and he is double certified. i had my nose done with him had no pain no bleeding. Dont even think twice about using him!

I had that same terrible experience. he did a nose job that looked fabulous for the first month and then it all dipped and slipped and I went back to him a few years later and he went in to fix it - and a year after that I found he had left me with two entirely different nostrils, way too hollowed out tip - the nose looked bigger and longer, beaky! I ended up with Dr David Frankel in LA (a genius) who fixed everything so beautifully, but did tell me that when he opened up my nose it was just a disaster inside, that everything had come unmoored (again, just like the first time!) Thank God for Dr Frankel. My nose is beautiful and natural but I still feel very angry about how Pastorek dismissed my concerns, especially the 2nd time. I think he may have been great once. Perhaps he's just too old now?

omg i have a surgery with him coming up i'm really scared now

Hi did you end up having your surgery with dr pastorek? How did it work out ?

Hey! I'm the "guest" who said they're getting a surgery with Dr. Pastorek. I went through with it and it's a little less than two weeks post op and I'm pretty happy. I'm still somewhat bruised, but it's fading really quickly,and I just wear makeup to cover it. I can breath completely fine, but it's a little annoying to deal with allergies when I can't blow my nose very hard. I didn't experience any real pain (I took 1 painkiller on the 2nd day after surgery and that's it).
I'm really happy with my nose. The main concern was a huge hump I had, and it's really straight now. It's a little big, but I know it's still about 75% swollen, so it will go down. The only problem I see now is that from the front, it looks like my nose tilts a tiny bit, but I think that's because that side is a lot more swollen than the other. Hopefully that will go down. But honestly, I had a great experience with Pastorek and I hope it continues to heal the way it is now. They're very easy to deal with (the people at his office) and they answer any questions I have.
I think it was a good idea to go with him, and I'm not sure why so many people here seem to hate him.

hi I too am Gettibg surgery with dr pastorek Its a revision for me should I be nervous ? Dr Godfrey messed up my nose and one nostril is dented I am getting a cartilage graft and nose rotated slightly any advice would help thank you

Dr. Rizk does beautiful work.  His gallery is great and his patients seem really happy.  I've been told he is one of the best for any complex rhinoplasties.

Did anyone use dr pastorek ? I would like to know the kind of work he does thank you