I am 5 weeks post-op and have experienced a large area of hair loss around my one ear. I have to "fiddle" with what hair is left to cover the area. The surgeon tells me it will grow back, but I am getting very nervous now. Has anyone experienced this problem and if so, did their hair grow back? Any suggestions?

Hi Terri: I haven't had a facelift but something very similar! I have a cancer syndrom and have had to have 4 major surgeries on my face - 2 along my forehead along my hair line! I too lost a LOT of hair and also thining - I was DEVESTATED and went back several time due to stitches coming out etc. So mine took longer than most - BUT all the hair has grown back - it has been 6 months and 4 months for 2 of the biggest surgeries and less time for the smaller ones! They have found more recently, but I know that it will be ok after the stitches heal etc. Hope this helps you! Good luck and health

Hello TerriB,
I think I'm going to have the same problem as you : (
however I was looking on the internet today and saw a company that did hair transplants (for women) that transplanted hair into/around facelift scars around ears to create a kind of sideburn. Looked pretty good to me. If you look on google you will see a few doctors that do it. If you have no luck let me know and I will see if I can find some websites. At least there is potentially some hope if the hair doesn't grow back.