So it's winter again, and cold where I live, and my hands are starting to feel cracked and flaky and generally not nice. I can tell you, it even hurts sometimes. Even with the heavy duty gloves on the moped. I would really love some good hand cream. I've tried all sorts. I don't mind if it is a do it yourself job or a drusgstore brand or more expensive, as long as it really actually helps. I want to keep my hands as safe from the elements as possible and take good care of them because I use them for my job. And I hate feeling uncomfortable. 

If you got really dry hands then I suggest you give the Hemp Hand Protector by the Body Shop a go 'cause it works really well. Give it a few days, and I'm pretty sure you'll say your hands feel nice and moisturised, not just right after putting the protector on but pretty much all the time. I've used it on my feet and elbows as well and that works perfectly fine. Now, I gotta say I have no idea what it is about hemp, that makes your skin nice and moist, but what I can say is that it does. 

I like the Neutrogena Original Hand Cream myself. It's "dependable" AKA boring, but gets the job done, exactly as it says on the tube: just a dab heals dry skin. Since people with dry skin sometimes also have sensitivities to scented products, related to eczema, etc, I am glad that Neutrogena's products are out there. Eucerin has a good one as well. These medical grade products may be less than exciting, but are a must for anyone whose skin easily irritates. 

If things get really bad, also consider rubbing Vaseline all over your hands, wearing plastic household gloves, and sleeping with that overnight. 

Hi, finding a good hand cream is as much based on your own opinion, your own preferences, as on any objective recommendation. You do want a product that effectively hydrates your skin and feeds it vitamins, though. 

Maybe try one of these?

1. Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream. Full of antioxidants and contains shea butter, can't go wrong really. 
  2. kai hand cream. Also has shea butter and is good for people who can't live without awesome smells. 
  3. Orico Jazzy Hand Lotion if you don't want greasy hands but still want to be moisturized!
  4. Murad hand cream with alpha hydroxy acids. Good for older skin as well. 

I SO know what you mean! Winter's always the season for cracked knuckles and dry, painful skin for me. To boot, it also looks really terrible :(. I hate that! I've tried many different hand creams and I do prefer nice, luxurious feeling ones that smell good. That is not what you need when you have really dry and damaged hands do. You need a work horse.

Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve is what does the trick for me. It contains lots and lots of natural ingredients that really do a good job at locking moisture in. It even says right on the package that it should form a kind of glove around your hand. Of course I'm not going round with too thick a layer of hand salve when I am at work, but at home, I really bathe in the stuff. It helps tremendously.

There's one just called "The Hand Stuff" that's available on Amazon for just over $10 that is specifically made for dry, cracked, "working" hands. You don't have to be a construction worker to benefit from it, however!!! Its ingredients are lanolin, vitamin E, coconut oil and shea butter. All of those are well known for their dehydrating properties, and it comes in a neat tin as well.

In addition to using hand cream diligently, and I do mean more than once a day, please make sure not to overwash your hands and to wear gloves when you mess with household cleaners and other chemical products. It really does help.

Hi!

Believe it or not, I got a hand cream called "Cien" anti-age hand cream... with bees wax and vitamin E and SPF 10 from... the Lidl discount shop. I paid I think about $3 for it, it's a big tube of 125 ml, and my experience so far is that it feels really nice, not greasy but still extremely hydrating. It is a very pleasant feeling. The moral of the story is, well, I often got Weleda, and other expensive products, that did not work nearly as well as this. So cheap is not always bad.