I have a lump on the side of my right nostril. It is not inside of my nose, it's on the outside. When I look in the mirror closely I can see the difference in size compared to my left nostril. From farther away it looks fine but I'm so worried that it will progress in size. When I touch it, it hurts and I can barely breathe out of the right side. I'm so scared, and I just want to know what it is and how to get rid of it. Please help.

Hi 

It sounds like one of those nasty zits that start growing under the skin. I don't think its anything serious. 

Is the skin around it kind of red? How big is the lump? How old are you?

It's the slightest bit red and it's not terribly big, just enough for me to see the size difference of nostrils. I'm 16

Yeah, i'd say definitely a zit/pimple under skin. Those hurt a lot when you touch them and can actually grow and be there for days, even a week. 

Just keep an eye on it, don't try popping it until it's fully ready. Have someone else do it for you so you don't make a scar. Your mom, or sister....etc. 

As for the progress, it won't grow really big. Not much bigger than it is now.