I have a small lump growing on one of my tonsils. it also feels dry quite often making me cough. As it is growing on the tonsil and is attached I do not think it is a tonsil stone as it's the same colour as the surrounding tissue. I have previously suffered from nasal drip and acid reflux but not too much of an issue.

Am very worried. Hope it's not cancerous. Any advise.

Hello. What was it? I have the same thing.

I have the same thing! Its about the side of a pencil eraser on one of my tonsils, skin colored, maybe looks a little smoother than the rest of my tonsils.  Also have alot of post nasal drip (always have) and recently had such a bad sore throat last week (which is when i noticed it has been getting bigger since the last sore throat/sickness I had).  I have an appointment with an ENT on Mnday and will update with what they say.

What did it turn out to be? I have the same symptoms.

My ENT quickly looked at the lump and said it was nothing to worry about (I actually felt like she brushed off my worry almost too quickly, so I will keep monitoring it myself). However, because of my other symptoms, she did a culture of the mucous in the back of my throat. Turned out to be strep throat (which explains my 99.7 fever while I was in the office) and she gave me antibiotics for 7 days. She also put a tiny camera down my nose and into my throat to see if my smoking had caused any damage. There was no damage, although she claims I do have a disease called LPR (laropharyngeal reflux) which would be causing my constant post nasal drip, hoarseness, coughing, clearing my throat, etc. In my opinon, I think this diagnosis is just a "go-to" diagnosis for ENT's. The only reason you would go to an ENT is if you have any of these symptoms, and personally I think this LPR disease is just a way for an ENT to satisfy a patient with some type of "diagnosis" to all their symptoms.

I agree. I went to an ENT and she said I have "acid reflux" and if I don't get better in a couple of weeks, to go back and see her. She does want to see me in 6 weeks though for a follow-up. She also did a scope through my nose and found a tonsil stone. I our gases a Waterpik and took it out that same night. However, my tonsil is still larger than my left one and has discomfort. I don't know if this is because I had a stone? Or if it's something more serious. She told me that no two tonsils are the same size. Im just nervous about it all since I also have ear aches! I dont have any fever. Ugh, I think I'll be seeing the ENT again next week! Hope your feeling better!