You are trying to post too frequently. Try again in 30 seconds.
About a year ago I had a very hard white string grow from my arm. I dont want to say it was a hair because it was as hard as tough plastic, i could not bend it between my fingers. When i pulled it with tweezers it came out about an inch long. Just 2 days ago there was one next to the corner of my right eye. I pulled that one out and it was more around 2 inches long. I could feel it coming out of my skin as i kept pulling it. The whole area around my temple and right eye are very sore(like someone punched me). There is no scar or mark where it came from(maybe a pore). Do you have any clue what this is?

Hi:
I hope that you have an answer now. It doesn't look like anyone else had a clue either, unless you did a second post and got responses. I really hope that you have consulted a doctor by now. I am really anxious to hear what this is. It's so unusual. PLEASE let me know what you have learned about this. I will be waiting to hear from you.

I have several of these myself one on my arm and one on my nose. When I pluck them out they grow back.
My mother always called these "wild hairs" though I don't know where she got that from.
I really do not know the name or the cause but thus far for me the only issue it causes is me having to pluck them as they grow back.

I have the same thing! Mine aren't two inches long, but I have two spots where this reoccurs. On my upper arm (always in the same spot) and a few days ago, I found one under my eye, high on my cheekbone. When I pluck them, they are hard and white- almost the same consistency as a fingernail. I am baffled to what these are... let me know if you found out.

My husband has one of these hairs on his neck.  When his skin gets irritated and the hair starts to poke through, we pull it out and it's about a half inch buried.  It's very hard and white, like a hair made from fingernail or like a cat whisker.  His mother also has one on her upper lip.  It's really strange and we couldn't find any real info about this online except for this forum post.  If anyone finds out any more information please post it.  

I have that too. All I found was info on Morgellans disease. Foremost characterisic is fibers coming from skin

It is known as Morgellon's Disease, cause is man made for sure. It is a parasite that feeds off bio-electrical signals carried throughout your body. Doctors have no clue about what they are and call you crazy if you mention it. It is either caused by Genetically modified organisms being eaten or chem trails being spraying liberally throughout our skies for no reason. Youtube can help you out if you need more info.

You are not alone, I have eyelashes when extracted resembles green onion roots, sometimes to lashes inone bulb (root), my left eyelid are void of any lashes, when some do emerge they're white and have very large sticky roots when extracted. I also have white wirelike hair, resembling that of a wild boar(hog) when extracted it's roots run have the length of the hair is like onion roots and sticky. This condition is caused by a multitude of parasites invading my body. That's why I'm going to do a year long Parasite kill, eggs nits and all from top of head to bottom of feet with my Natural Doctor. Do your research and you'll find there are cures for all the natural and manmade diseases.We have to take it upon ourselve to cure, not cover over symptoms and disease. This is our temple, our bodies don't leave them in the hands of money -hungry scientist. Hint:Lung Worms=Asthma, kill that vile thing, no more Asthma! Look up a picture of that discusting demon and you'll see for yourself. Bless you, do you research, the answers and cures are out there!!! SassyJo

JoyHow wrote:

Shannyhouse wrote:

wow, this is somthing to think about, i will look up that picture, i never knewof or saw a lung fluke. thanks sara223

I would do your homework before you "self diagnose"...the keyword in the definition of this disease is "delusional" ...they treat this disease with "anti psychotics"...the internet...smh...can be a very bad thing...

Hellow! I have this really long,around 6cm, white hair growing on the lower side of my back! Is it weired! I mean, i don't really know if I am being supersticious or not! But this is scary to know that instead of having white hair on my head I have this single strand on my back ;'( And yes I am just 17 years old!

I get the same thing. So I'm just going to say stress from the day'll cause that and be done with it.

Look up a condition called keratin horn 

I have a very simmular problems, yet it is still a little different. I have a single wisker like hair that grows out from under my left eye. I'll pluck it and it only ends up being as long as what it looks like on my face, and about a week later it is back, if I leave it alone for the entire month it ends up being about a full inch long. It is much like the white wiskers that my cat has on his face. Does anybody know what this is?

I am dealing with white clear strings which I feel in my hair.  Sounds crazy but they literally move my hairs as I pull them out and it amazes me.  What are these strands that I can not see with the naked eye?  Any answers would be appreciate