I am 33 and about 6 weeks ago I noticed a bump on the side of my neck between my ear and my color bone, that felt like a pimple. I tried to pop it and it did not pop. 6 weeks later it feels like there is something in the center and it is reddish on the outside. About 3 days ago I noticed another one forming and I decided not to try and pop this one. It is a littel raised and now is red on the outside. The size is about 1/8th in diameter and It seems like I have tried everything to get rid of these but nothing is working. I tried bactroban, warm wash cloth for 15 minutes, oxy and they are still there. They show up in the creases of my neck and there is a third one that is forming below the second one. If anyone has any suggestions of how to get rid of these without going to the doctor please let me know. Thanks.....

i now have four of them on the left side of my neck. I took a needle and poked at three and white puss came out and was kinda think. now there is a red spot that isnt clearing up and still a bump Does anyone have ny idea if this i more than a pimple. they all start out looking the same way and I have never had that before in my life. I have a swollen lymph node on that side of my neck also and worried that it maybe something internal causing them. If anyone has any suggustions please help me. Thank you.

Have you considered that maybe its ringworm? A fungal infection

is it possible that a recluse spider is getting to you at night? the bumps and redness sound like exactly that!!! see your doctor soon!

It might be an ingrown hair. I have a similar afliction. And I found this article when i was looking how to get ride of them:

osysproducts.com/ingrown.htm

I can't speak for the product but the picture in the post is similar to what I have.

Hope you found this helpful.

P.S. - Oh jeez I just realize this post was a year ago. Did your marks go away?

Hi jefco,

I too am experiencing the same kind of pumple like features you have described.It also appeared at the same spot between the ear and colourbone.Yours is at the advanced stage am i am at the beginning.Initially i felt one poping out and now a second beside the old one has started forming.I really do not know what i can do to prevent further formation and to get rid of the current ones.By the way, those pimples are not painful and seem to be there forevere.I have also seen those formed on many people as well.I cant imagin that i have those and it looks very disgusting.Someone please help us.

I have been getting them for about four or five months now. I have several, four or five around the side and front of the neck. Some will pop others have not. I have the original one dead front of my neck. It's hard as a rock and I've given up trying to "pop" it. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I cannot afford to go to the doctor. I have no insurance. My wife and I are clean and we wear clean clothes. I'm 55 years old.

hey,

im also getting these bumps on the back of my neck, near the centre, and also between my ear and collarbone.
i've had them quite some time now and im still confused about why i have them and how to get rid of them.
it's been irritating.
im 16. %-)

My mother had the same thing happen. They seemed to be cystic acne that would never come to a head or disappear. She went to the dermatologist and he believed them to be warts (which was odd b/c she had never had a wart in her life). He burned them off; she wore a bandaid for a few days, and they never came back. Good luck - see a dermatologist!

i had the same thing its a cyst you cant pop them you have to go to a dermatologist the will usually drain them with a needle mine was so big he had to cut it open and drain it only last about 2 mins and pain is not that bad is a relief after you leave the dermo just not having that huge lump there anymore

The cyst sounds closer to the pin than the wart diagnosis and actually all the rest of the replys. I started getting them on my neck in the same place too. I couldn't bathe enough to try to stave them away and am not certain that the same type of skin disorder is happening now on my neck, like closer to lymph nodes. My guess is that the formation are a collective of toxins wanting to get out or maybe flushed out.

And you are correct, its not a zit and best not to squeeze them as they seem to multiply and you can bruise your skin like I did and look like you really have a disease. Also by squeezing them, I probably made matters worse and regret doing the squeeze since nothing "oozed" out, however, on the neck ones, some white thick c**p made its way out so I thought I could apply the same diagnostic treatment.

I've used a ointment the doctor gave me to try on a different rash called TriamcinoloneAcetonide Cream by Fougera and that seemed to clear the neck/ear ones and wished I waited to use it on my new neck/gland ones. But the doctor that I'm not had to make the attempt.

Before I do anymore damage, I'm going to the doctor... as soon as the brusing lightens up. Oh, and the tea tree oil didn't do anything. Maybe I'll disinfect the counter with it or put it on a scar but I didn't find it to be of any affect, no matter how much you want to believe in it....
yes, I did the Melalucca thing....what a waste.

Oh and if you "google" pimples on neck....there is too much to even begin and wait til you hit the multi symptom catagory....forget about it....bite the bullet and go to the doctor. If your body is producing lumps, its not a positive clue and most likely rounded toxins in your body and wants to flush it out somehow.

Good luck.

i have them to and im 20 they get huge i just pop them its nasty i could fill a cup with all the puss and blood i don't no how to get rid of them ive been living with them for 2 yrs

Be careful with popping, they might be sebaceous cysts. These normally occur in the neck area.

>>Jeffco
I have similar ones that you got around my neck. it's been 2 yrs since you wrote about it on this web site; did you get better? if so, what did you do?
I really don't know why i got these reddish pimples.

I had a couple of them and over a year it became 5,no itching, just small ingrowth -like pimples(i have no hair on my neck being a female). I just came back from the dermatologist today and she said it was a contagious virus and took them off. I am supposed to apply dermoxyl cica twice a day now. Lets hope it gets better!