Hi, I have predisposition to develop lung cancer, and i have been smoking for 10 years now. I am curious to know if smoking is major factor in causing lung cancer?

Hi, I believe that if you are predisposed for a disease you shouldn’t put any more risk. So, it is advisable to give up smoking and live a healthy life. Researches suggest that in mot people it is related to cigarette smoking. However, even those who never smoked can develop lung cancer, or those who have been smoking all their life can remain healthy. There is no rule. If you can’t quit smoking, at least try to decrease number of cigarettes you smoke every day. Try to switch to filtered and low tar cigarettes. As soon as you stop smoking your risk for lung cancer gets smaller every next day.

My dad almost died of cancer from smoking but received a miracle after prayer from people at my church (Christian). He continued to smoke and just recently needed surgery to remove another lump that formed on this throat. He is still alive, and this time has quit smoking. Yes cig. smoking causes cancer and since you breath it into your lungs that would be a place it would start. I will pray for you. God Bless/ In Christ Pam Holloway P.S. stop smoking