Hi, I’ve been smoking marijuana for two years now. I don’t have any health problems, but my girlfriend is constantly trying to convince me that I’m in danger of getting lung cancer. I don’t believe it, but I would like to hear some other opinions.

The truth is somewhere in the middle. There have been no reports of lung cancers due to smoking marijuana, but it doesn’t mean that it’s not harmful and dangerous. There are many irritants and carcinogens in marijuana, but marijuana users typically smoke much less often than tobacco smokers do. That’s why the risk of lung cancer is bigger in tobacco smokers. However, the cancer is not the only dangerous disease. Marijuana is proven cause of respiratory illnesses, daily cough and phlegm production. It also increases the risk of getting cancer of head and neck, and causes the problems with memory and learning. However, I think you should listen to your girlfriend and quit smoking marijuana.

Marijuana has been proven to not cause cancer. I remember 2 years ago when the study on the front page of the newspaper said so showing the facts. No i do not read the national inquirer. I was acually amazed myself to learn this. I as an advid nonsmoker couldnot believe this. People do not want to believe the truth about the drug. The government for years has had campains and adds showing false rumors about the drug. It is not true that one joint equals 4 cigaretts. Go on to WebMD and see the results. Yes, marijuana contains over 400 chemicals, as well as every other plant on the planet. I have studied this plant much and the only reason that it is not legal is that the masses have heard rumors that it''ll kill you or some lame excuse. I think that it is rediculous that people will put up such a fight about it. In other countries in Europe and Latin America you can buy marijuana at corner stores and you dont see articles in the front of their newspapers escribing how bad it is. I know that anyone reading this will diagree saying that im lying to them but why would i lie? Frankly if you want my oppinion if your going to outlaw pot outlaw alcohal and ciggaretts. might as well take away advil and all those other medications. Get the damn reefer madness stories out of your head and ask yourself if it is really that bad.

the dude above me is 100% correct man. but if you are worried tell your girl that you will not smoke marijuana anymore... in fact just get a vaproizer and tell her that you cant get lung cancer due to varporization.

I do agree with all the answer every one should know by now that chronic is unlikly to cause cancer But if you have had family that has had cancer and that it may run in there jeans you should not be smoking it however i love the stuff and could care less about getting cancer **edited by moderator**

pot does the body good... it comes from the earth brother. Feel it.

Drugs are illegal for a reason

the person above me is not very educated. Yes drugs are illegal for a reason. For marijuana it's a mix of the government telling Americans that it would make you a minority and beat your wife, while at the same time telling you it will make you lazy and have the Russians take over our country. Take your pick.

To the person who said "Drugs are illegal for a reason" thats actually incorrect. Not all drugs are illegal, as Advil and Benadryl and all things along those lines are drugs. Marijuana is statistically proven to be half as harmful as cigarettes. I've tried both, and prefer weed. I smoke it regularly with friends and have done so for 3 years. Literally nothing has showed up that has caused me harm. It's the same buzz as being drunk, although I think clearly. The only real difference I notice is being much more creative and open minded while high. Cigarettes provide no real buzz for me, although some people say they get one, I never have. Of course cigarettes are much more addictive and if you aren't really getting a buzz or a high back from it then I don't think its nearly as worth it. Marijuana is addictive, but its honestly not nearly as much as cigarettes. The only reason America keeps it in the stores and legalized is because people have long histories of addictions to cigarettes and it makes big bucks. Of course the fact that Marijuana is illegal makes it dangerous. Some people don't know this, but the Mobsters in the 1920's (who were very famous for that era) made most of their money from selling illegal alcohol (During the 1920's, alcohol was illegal). All making it illegal did was cause crimes, gangs, and people fighting over the Alcohol. This is a common problem with Marijuana today. As it is with all drugs, but Marijuana being one of the most common ones. Let's say a man goes to a corner to buy weed from a contact he knows through a friend, and lets say this dealer is a member of a gang and owns a gun. The buyer shows up and and the dealer thinks "Well, I have a gun and the weed, he has the money, so why not just kill him and keep the weed AND the cash?" Of course that's just a scenario, but who is to say that is irrelevant? And there is all this hype about drunk driving, and how it is terrible, who ever hears of "High Driving"? Of course Weed is illegal in the first place, but being High while driving is certainly not as much of a problem in America as drunk driving, so why not ban Alcohol? Of course I'm not saying they should, that would be a terrible idea, but my point is, WHY MARIJUANA? And let's be honest, people are getting the Weed anyways, no matter what people are going to get to it somehow. Making it illegal only raises the price for people who use it. For those who do get addicted, this can be a problem as spending 20$ a day (That is enough to get me high for 6-12 hours so about a day) or maybe 5 days a week adds up to a ton of money. America could easily sell Marijuana for about 1/3 or even 1/4 of that price. It is so expensive BECAUSE it is illegal so the dealers have a chance to get in trouble with the law, that is why they charge so much. It is fairly easy to grow, and if it was grown as abundantly as Tabacco I'm sure that the 20$ would be more like 3$. 

you need to keep in mind that the reason it has never been found that marijuana causes cancer is the following.... the average marijuana smoker smokes about a total of 4 packs a year where the average tobacco smoker smokes around 20 packs a year. that being said... marijuana smokers just dont smoke enough in a lifetime as the average tobacco smoker.

all true guest 9

cocaine and opium, come from mother nature as well

Doesn't mean they are good or healthy for you! I could say sharks are from mother nature, that doesn't mean they are nice or a good thing to have. They kill.JUST AS DRUGS DO.

You can overdose on practically anything. Don't forget that.

yes, and the reason is a fabricated one... do your research lad

Please do your research before posting things like this, YOU CAN NOT OVERDOSE ON POT!! I can not stress this enough, there is NO proven research that says you can overdose on pot.