Sorry I'm not registered, I'm just kind of making myself sick thinking about this right now. I'm gonna give as much info as I can, but if you need more, please let me know.

I just turned 25, and I had smoked from approx. 15-16 to 20-21. I was not a particularly heavy smoker, never more than a pack a day. So from age 21 I've been completely smoke free except for this past fall ('09) when I picked up smoking pot again. I smoke only a couple days out of the week (if at all some weeks), but recently have been feeling some side effects of lung cancer that have me worried. I have some occasional shortness of breath, small cough, and I've been noticing sore muscles in my upper back/shoulders.

Some other information I'm going to throw out there is, I'm not exactly in the best of shape at the moment, and haven't been incredibly active this winter. I know these could factor in, but I'm really looking for some knowledgeable information about my personal problem before contacting a doctor. Also I can be a bit of a hypochondriac and when I see that I have quite a few of the symptoms, it's kind of driving me crazy.

I'm just not sure if it's possible for lung cancer to develop after quitting smoking for a number of years, or if it's the pot that has put it over the top. Any help or info would be great here. Thanks in advance.

hey man, first of all i dont think you have cancer. cance develops slowly and normally it takes awhile for the damage and mutations which occure from smoking to build up and affect the cells (although this isnt always the case) also have you just smoked pot or cigarrets as well? cancer can still happen even if you dont smoke or quit smoking although your chances are less likley.

i would get a chest X-ray just to be on the safe side. but i really dont think you have anything to worry about. it is very easy for people to jump to conclusions and assume the worst (my self included) but you have to realize that thoes symptoms can be symptomes of a ton of different diseases/conditions.

i hope i helped some if you have any other questions or concerns just ask :-)