I know I shouldnt be seeking advice or help from an online source. But, I am 17 years old and would like to hear some input. I have been smoking for about 6 months. I don’t smoke much maybe three to four cigarettes a day. I worry about the possibility of developing lung cancer. I am not showing any symptoms like a cough, chest pains, shortness of breath and ect. I do on the other hand have a slight sore throat. I just got this a day or so ago But the thought is there and it worries me. I know I may be a worry wart. But I rather be safe then sorry. Please respond.     

It shows up over time it doesn't just pop up but if you do keep it up there is a possibility you could get lung cancer in the long run

Hi KLS,

Smoking does increase your risk of lung cancer and heart disease. It's unlikely that you have it now, just an increased risk of getting it.

You can get lung cancer from other than smoking.

The good news is that if you stop your lungs/heart will recover very soon.

Hope it helps.