Currently 17 this year and have started smoking about a year or two. ( which have totally regretted) . I have stop for a month or so in between but because of stress and peer pressure carried on. So I decided to stop once and for all . I stopped smoking for around 3 days already and during this three days or so. I have experienced shortness of breathing and pain near the chest area. I googled more about this and found that this might be symptoms for lung caner... Really need someone advice, btw I only smoke around 4/5 sticks a day

Hi Chalky, i am 32 years old and have been smoking for 12 years. Sometimes i ever tried to quit smoking but i can only quit for several days and i also felt the same symptoms as yours. But i think that is not lung cancer disease, it maybe only the reaction of your body when you stop smoking suddenly.

Thank you for sharing yo. ^^

I do not believe that two years of smoking is long enough to cause lung cancer NOW. Down the road, those two years MAY be a "cause' in the event that you delevlop lung cancer. I smoked from 13 yrs old until recently, at 23. I quit a few times in between also, experiencing the same symptoms. I will tell you, at 23 I have health issues I wouldn't have, had I not smoked. Please, give it up for good and find a healthy habit to take your time. A simple xray is all you need to know for sure, although I don't believe its cancer. Hope this helps!

Thank you thank you! I will stop :) u must too!