I've had a UTI for about a wk. I started out burning badly, now that is almost gone and I itch badly all the time. Not just when peeing. Is this a symptom or is something more going on?

Hi there,

The burning when you urinate is a symptom of urinary tract infection. People most often experience this when they have problems with urinary tract infection.  You have to know also that urinary tract infection is something that is very common among women and men. However women tent to get urinary tract infection more often. Considering the treatment options for urinary tract infection you need to start taking some antibiotics. Antibiotics will help your body get rid of the infection. Sometimes if the infection is not severe our body is strong enough to fight the infection on its own. I also heard that cranberry juice is very helpful when it comes to urinary tract infection treatment. Good luck