Hi guys, I've been under a lot of stress these days and I noticed that I have hyperglycemia more than I used to. Is there a relation to hyperglycemia and stress? Right at the moment I can't do much about my stress so is there something else I can do to manage my blood sugar levels better? My wife has suggested that I do more exercise but I'm so stressed out that I just can't make myself do it. She is probably right. Does anyone have any suggestions for me. Maybe I really need to handle my stress better than I am. Do you have any suggestions about that one?

Hiya, I know we live in a stressful world much of which has to do with multi-tasking. I find myself anxious sometimes and have difficulty getting that under control. I try to exercise when I feel stressed. That helps me to get my mind off what's bothering me and when I'm done I feel so much better. However, I don't always have time to exercise. Particularly when I'm at work. Our company just finished a nature walk in the back of the building in the woods. I've been using that now for a week during lunch time and I found that to be very relaxing. I've found that my blood sugar levels have dropped a little in just that amount of time. I'm going to continue with this exercise regime. In fact, I think I'm going to take a walk back there before I go home and maybe my sugar levels will stabilize faster. Try to encourage yourself to get up and at least walk. Maybe your wife can go with you. It's always better when you have an exercise partner. Try and keep a log of when you walk and for how long and measure your blood sugar levels around that and see if it doesn't make a difference. I have no doubt that it will unless for have other medical complications. You might consider taking some GABA supplements. GABA is an inhibitory neurotransmitter that can help you stay calm. It has no side effects that I know of and is relatively inexpensive as supplements go. I wish you the best of luck.