Am I pregnant, I haven't missed my period yet but am feeling EXACTLY the same way as I did with my other 2 children such as sore breasts, bloating feeling sick & moody (my hubby should know) & just generally not being myself, I asked my GP & he said if I hadn't missed a period yet to wait until I was due.

I am 28 with 2 other children youngest turns 1 in a week
does it sound like I'm pregnant or not? if so do a test now or wait

The reason you are told to wait until you miss your period is because you could only get pregnant during your last ovulation, if your last period was usual. So it takes about two weeks which is about the time your period is supposed to come for hCG levels in your urine to be high enough for home pregnancy test to detect them. And I think they are also taking into account the fact that all these symptoms that are early symptoms of pregnancy can also be signs of any kind of hormonal imbalance - that is why the missed period is still the most reliable clue to determining if you are pregnant or not. How long 'till your period is supposed to come?

I am supposed to get my period any time during the next week, also my last period wasn't as normal, I usually have 7-8 day periods, last month was only 2 days

You can have blood pregnancy test that is done at the doctor's - that one is reliable by now, since you should get your period so soon, but the downside of this test is that you have to wait for the lab results and the phone call. Maybe you could phone them and see how long would you have to wait if you did the blood pregnancy test?