My husband and I today were talking about believing in the devil well the topic got out control because I started making fun of him for being a scary cat with scary movies. So as I got him mad he started try to get me mad by blowing me kisses and i told him to stop because it got annoying and he continued so i ended poping him in the mouth. In my surprise he returns the hit and hits my face. I was in shock and in disbelief he automatically started to apologize saying he meant to pop my mouth he didn't mean to do it hard. He's 6'3 and I'm 5'1 he's huge his hand covers my face. But now am afraid if he might do it again and want a divorce I love him but even though he said it was an accident I still can't believe he did it. I do not know if I am making this a bigger deal then it was but I've never been hit by my parents so this a first for me. There's no mark or swollen parts in my face and it doesn't hurt but I'm just in shock that he did it and even though he has apologize millions of time I don't know whether to forgive him and trust him that he will not do it again.

So you start the fight by teasing him and popping him in the mouth and now you're afraid of him?

He should have filed an assault and battery charge on YOU.

Good luck with this.  You need to take responsibility for your actions and just deal with the repercussions.

I have to agree with Dan, I have been hit by a women before and it's not pleasant. Basically if you hit someone and you really upset them, your chances of getting hit back increase greatly. One more thing, if you feel things are getting out of hand, walk away !!