When I was about 9 and my brother was 11 I remeber he would dry hump me until he would orgasm and at that time I was not sure what he was doing he told me that it was ok for him to be doing thos, and than that summer we were In the pool in the back yard and he put my hand in his shorts until he orgasmed once again. Than at the age of 15 my Grandfather who I was close to growing up, I'd go there every weekend sexually assulted me. I am now 19 years old and thia is all coming back to me, I want to talk to my mom about her dad but I am so scared to hurt her. I am not sure what to do, I feel like my brother was younge and not sure what he was doing so I ignored that all my life until now. And I also feel like my grandfather will die soon and then I won't have to tell anyone about what he did. Can I get opinion on what I should do? It would be much appreciated.

well if its really bothering you and its affecting u in ur social life, or other things  than i think u should talk 2 someone like a therapist. but if u think ur mom can handle hearing the sexual abuse ur grandpa was doing i think u should tell her or ur dad. the same happen with me wen i was younger,i was touched inappropriately by my half-brother's brother for 2 months wen i was 6;he told me it was a game and i was young i was naive and i didnt think it was wrong bcus i trust him. but one day i was "playing the game" with him and my mom walked in and i knew i did something wrong bcus i seen her face expression, and i looked up at him and he was scared also. so my mom told my dad what she seen and i told her everything that happen and i thought i was going to get in trouble so i was crying but i didnt know any better so my dad let me off the hook. my half-brother's brother got in trouble and got whooped and he couldnt come around me or my other side of the family. two yrs later he started coming around again and i forgave him for what he did but he tried to same thing again and tried to make me give him oral but this time i knew better and i said no but he didnt listen so for 6 months he tried to have intercourse with me but i wouldnt let him so one day i threaten him to leave me alone or ill tell his brother and my dad. he knew my dad would kick his ass if he found out he tried it again so he stop, and me and him dnt talk anymore but we see each other now and then say hi and go on about r business. so it dnt bother me anymore i used to b scared of boys because of what he did to me but i learned all boys arent like him so i passed that hurdle. so if its bothering u to the point its affecting ur life then u should tell because if u dnt it gonna cause relationship problems,social problems and more. do what u think is right.

i hope ths helps you.

Hi. I am really sorry to heat your story. It is really important to know that you are not responsible for what happened. I think you need to tell someone that you can trust and it would be a really, really good idea.to get therapy from someone who specialises in working with survivors of child sexual assault. I know its really hard, I've Bern there but therapy made a world of difference. Are you safe right now? If not you nerd to talk to someone who can protect you. The ling long effects if sexual assault can be profound. Please seek help and take care. I will monitor this post so if you have any.questions I'll try to answer them.

I know how you feel when I was about 14 I started growing boobs and filing in my body began to change and that when my whole life changed. I was abused by my step-father. It went on for about 3 years I didnt want to tell my mom because she is a happily married woman. And i never told anyone not even my best-friend at the time. I felt so alone and disgusted. Throughout high school i was very quiet and i really didnt like to get near anyone. I was afraid of what people would think of me. I was very ashamed of what was going on but i didnt not want to ruin my mothers marriage I love her too much to do that. until one day i couldnt stay quiet I told my mom and she did not believe me. she said i was imagining things. As hurt as i was i never mentioned it again to her. Then the touching would get worst. I would cry all the time. I hated what was given to me and I have become so self conscious about my body. I dont like to wear tight clothing and I dont talk to people that much. Not many people know my story because I am afraid that they will judge me. anyways I really couldnt deal with it anymore and i told my mother again and i told her that i hated her for not believing me. I was 16 when I confronted him in front of her. It took a lot of guts to do it but i did. She was devastated but i forgave him and i told him to stay away from me. my mom is still with him but i keep my distance. I know its all f****** up and twisted. It does emotionally scare you for good. Im now 20 and I have a wonderful boyfriend who cares for me and loves me. But i still live with the memory. All i can say is look for someone to talk to I didnt and i regret it. i lived a life of sorrow fear and disgust. Stay strong!!! look for help!! there are people out there that care

hi!i must tell you that i am touched and angry about this because my sister experieced the same thing and she is 33 now and has finally found peace.she was sexually abused by a step father at 13.first of all you need to consult some one you trust and can easily talk to,one who will understand youi and not judge you.yes your brother was very young but at 11 you know what you are doing.as for your grand... thats too much for you.now its too late for legal actions to be taken against your grand.so if you afraid to talk to your mother you can seek profetional help from social workers and they can recommend coucilling for you.but my sister you can not take these steps without the support from a famaly member because this issue may have to be addressed by a famaly and further steps can be taken against your grand and maybe they can question your brother too but i doubt it.what if your grand and brother continue to do this to someone else and you will never be freed if he dies.good luck ke.