I've never talked to anyone about this before b/c well I know I have delusional jealously or Orthello Syndrome. Last night my husband hit me again after I had one of my jealous episodes. I haven't had one in a while (8 or 9 months) and I think I did b/c he had just recently lost his contracting job. He was really torn up about it all week and I couldn't understand why. He's smart, very educated and in the I.T. field so he should find something rather quick since people say that's the top job right now that is hiring. Not to mention the fact he was told repeatedly that he could be let go at anytime.

So back to last night when I had my episode and told him that I thought there might be another women at work b/c he was taking this so hard. Well he sat on my chest and stuck his finger under my eye and pressed really hard. You know like going into the eyes socket from underneath the eye. He then held me down by my arms. I had bruises all over my arms. Then he started beating himself in the head. Yep I did say himself he hurts himself too when he gets angry. I tried to stop him and he pulled himself down on me and started to choke me saying I'm the worst wife in the world. I tried to get my breathe then and pull myself away from him. I squirmed loose and slapped him across the face and ran out on the deck. He followed me out and proceeded to hit himself in front of me. I tried to stop him again and he threw me on the ground smacking my head and tush against the glass door and metal runner. I've been limping all day now. This isn't the first time this has happened. He has known my problem before he married me. And has choked me before and smacked me across the face too.

The bottom line is I have a disease. I've been getting help but we don't have insurance any more or a job to pay for a psychologist. On top of that he's been belittling me all the time. He actually tells me that I'm crazy and that I should be so lucky to have him too. He says things all the time to me that make me feel like I'm four years old. For awhile he only did it at home but now he does it in front of friends and family. My mother took me aside and said something about it to me the one day. She said just b/c he was 7 years older doesn't make him wiser or give him the right to talk to me like that. The worst part is We have an almost 3 year old little girl. I don't know what to do. I don't know if I should leave. He told me if I ever left he would kill himself and I don't doubt that. The thing is... do I stay and let him beat himself up, along with me and possible my daughter or do I go? Or am I being too hard on him. He says I deserve to get smacked around so sense is back in me. I don't even know if this qualifies as abuse. Please someone let me know

It sounds to me like your husband is abusive to me. Anytime someone hits you not out of self-defense, it is abusive. When someone tells you that they deserve to hit you, that's abuse. When he says that you will never find anyone better, that's because he's afraid you'll find out that you definitely will, and that you're going to leave him. So he's being abusive. Even when he hits himself, that's abusive to you. Please talk to someone about this. Keep us posted.

Sweetie you really need to leave him. If not for your sake for your daughters sake. He could really hurt you. Do you want your daughter to see how he treat you? You need to get away before its to late. The next time he hits you could be your last breath. There are a lot of places to help battered women. Just check around your area. I hope you take my advice before its to late.

your husband is abusive!!IF OU STAY HE WILL GET WORSE.ihave epilepsy from my husband beating me in my head. even after the diagnosis he continued to beat me and when i divorced him he broke in my apartment adn shot at me!PLEASE GET TO SAFETY