I have been using some form of prescribled opiates for about 4 years now. I recently worked my way up to 10 10/325 Percocets per day, just to feel normal. I realized that I was running out and would go in to physical withdrawl, and looked for a Dr. who could prescribe Suboxone. I found a very kind and understanding Dr. in my area who put me on 8mg 2X per day as my initial dose, 6 days ago. For the first day, I felt alright, on day 2 and 3, I had the worst headache I have ever had in MY LIFE. It hurt so bad, I could not be in a lit room, and felt sick to my stomache from the headache. All I could do was cry and put ice on my head. On day 4, instead of taking the 8 MG 2X per day, I tried 4MG in AM, 4MG, 6 hours later, then 4MG again in 6 hours. I am happy to say that the terrible headache went away. I am having some ups and downs throught the past couple of days, but feel SO much better than on day 2 and 3.
I return to the Dr. in 8 days. I am wondering if he will decrease or increase my dose of Suboxone? I do not want to be on this stuff for years, as it seems like I am just trading one opiate for another, and physical withdrawl is at the end of this road, no matter which path I choose. If anyone has any comments, or knows the expected dosing plans of Soboxone, please let me know. THANKS TO ALL who have shared thier stories here, it has helped me through this difficult time....I WANT MY LIFE BACK, badly...

Hi I see you posted a while ago and hopefully you feel a lot better now. But if not do not give up hope. Suboxone can be a life saver I have been addicted to opiates for just over 2 years and it all started with a leg injury I got at the gym . I got up to anywhere from 12 to 14 10mg percs every day and even an hour or 2 without one and I had bad withdraw, the sweat. Flu like symptoms and awful irrabilty also this horrible tingling electric shock sensation through my legs in the night. I have quit and relapsed many times but suboxone works. I go through one day of withdraw from the opiates and then I take either one or a half of suboxone in the morning. I get my energy back color in my face and don't have the nagging urge for a pain killer. Unfotunatly my leg pain gets pretty bad and I need the percs again and my drs know the whole story but I find 3 straight days of suboxone one in the morning a half in the evening then by day 4 and 5 just one half and day 6 I am back to norm. Then its will power if my pain was not so bad I would not keep going through this vicious cycle. The trick for the suboxone that works for me is don't take it longer than a week and u should be able to avoid dependency. This works for and hopefully it can help you. Good luck, get well, and always remember u are not alone ever. (-: