Why do parental issues have to be so difficult? My son is 16 years old and is more interested in video games than in school. Well, I would be less worried if he is interested in some sport, but video games seem like a complete waste of time. I hear him play throughout the entire night; I don't know how he manages to stay awake at school. His grades are ok, not excellent, but ok. Should I be that worried?

No and yes. I am 30 years old administrative worker, and I adore video gaming. I don't have that much free time as before and playing video games relaxes me in a great manner. It makes me forget the daily problems, at least for the moment and refuels my batteries. On the other hand, staying all night in front of the computer screen is not very healthy thing to do. So, try to explain that video games are ok, but he has to think about his health, his eyes especially. Who knows, maybe his future job will be connected with video games, and your parental issues will be forgotten.