I had carbon monoxide poisoning, got very dizzy and sick for about a month. Since I got my car fixed and realised the problem I have developed episodes of heart pain. I have been told it may be panic attacks, but there is also something not right. My heart area hurts (aches) at least 20% of the day and also sometimes it will feel like bubbles are passing through my heart. Just before I felt two bubbles, these are not to do with any anxiety. I am only 23 and I am really scared. I am waiting for tests but they take a month to get done and no doctor has been helpful. I am scared I might die from this. Can anyone please help me

I think the stress of the stituation is a lot to process. CO posioning can be very scary. Find a Dr. you are comfortable getting treatment with and you feel is taking care of your needs. The most important thing for you is to request a electrocardiogram and a blood test to detect elevated levels of a protein called troponin. These are the tests which will bring peace to your concerns.
o.O
The heart damage seen in CO poisoning has been in cases of mine workers who have been trapped for many hours in a rich CO area. I believe you will be fine given you were exposed for periods of time in your car and given breaks when not travel in your vehicle. Although you may have been around the CO for a lenght of time this is much different than being trapped in a CO rich area for many hours.

Relax and again request the diagnostic tests above for peace of mind. If you feel for any reason you are in danger seek medical attention immediately. You can also ask your Dr. for 5mg of Klonopin to help you relax if the stress of the situation is getting to you.

Blessings.

------------------------------

Thank you

This sounds similar to something that I feel sometimes. It feels like a bubble is in your heart, then you take a deep breath and it gets tighter, and then after a few seconds, it feels like the bubble "pops". This might be something called "precordial catch syndrome". Do some research on this. It is actually nothing to do with your heart (even though it feels like a mini heart attack). It is in fact a muscle near your heart. I'm no doctor, and it is always a good idea to get chest pain checked out. But definitely look at "precordial catch syndrome", it may put your mind at ease.

Did you ever get a good answer? I feel the exact same thing, been to the hospital a number of times and each time they tell me Im fine.

i have the exact same thing happening to me ... please tell me someone knows anything about this problem ...

i had that
its
pre cordial catxh syndrome

I'm having these bubbles at this moment. I've also experienced pain, sometimes dull and consistant, other times sharp and quick and all of a sudden gone. Also noticed irratic heart beat. Very noticeable when I'm going to bed, especially lying on my left side. Other times just comes random, not sure if it's more regular than I think and I'm just not noticing, or whether it comes and goes. I'm also not sure whether these all correlate, but it has me unnerved. When I had an EKG, the doctor noticed no abnormalities in my heart beat and said that me being 22 I shouldn't be having any heart problems. He didn't seem to care. If anyone else knows what these symptoms could be, or have just experienced them yourself, please post.

I'm a 46 yo female and having the same symptoms as the guest who posted on 4/25/11. But, I'm older. I most always lie on my right side so it won't hurt to lie on my left. The "bubbling" never hurts, but their are those dull and sometimes quick sharp pains at other times. They never last more than a few seconds. I am overweight but right now have no insurance so know even going to get my heart listened to by my doc would be expensive. I have been losing some weight and the pains haven't reaccured, but even right now having the annoying bubbling. No pain like I said though.

I am a generally healthy 24 year old female but for the past few months i have noticed a sharp pain in what feels like my heart and when it beats the pain gets worse. It almost always happens at night when i am lying down and lasts anywhere between 30 seconds and 3 minutes. It is very painful and it is making me quite worried, but i don't like going to the doctor. Surely i am too young to have a heart problem? Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be the cause?