Hi

Previously I have experienced extremely bad chest pains. I haven't felt them for a while until today. It's a sharp stabbing pain that feels like its right through my heart making me lose my breath. Then my heart starts to flutter heavy making it hard to breathe. It's happend 3 times within 10 minutes.

If anyone has any ideas on what it could be please let me know it would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Joanna

hey
i recently have had the same problem along with dizzyness loss of concentration fearing of death mood swings, fatigued, and very depressed
i havn't been to the doc. yet but i have a feeling that it is either panic attacks anemia or anxiety. if you ever find out more please let me know

wow i have the same problem with chest pains, is there any answers out there??

I have been getting them too!
I keep getting told that it is indigestion!
I no that aint it.
Mine started about two and a half years ago.
The first proper time it got so bad that I went to the hospital. They were not impressed, turned me away and told me it was indigestion!
I was very angry.
I very rarely go to the doctors about anything let alone the hospital!!!
It was not my decision to go to them in the first place it was the NHS Helpline that called the ambulance!
Anyway... These pains have come back since. Sometimes it last for a few seconds, a minute or two or a day. Sometimes really bad, sometimes just slight twinges.
But the reason I am posting this is because I have had the current problem now for over a week and its starting to really get me down!
Someone said that it could be anxiety. I don’t feel anxious but it could explain it.
Does anyone actually no the reason?
I have to take holiday to go to the doctors which I really resent doing and I don’t want to waste there time if it aint serious but I need to do something!
8-|
Its giving me a serious sleep problem too now! o.O

Wow that feels good to get off my chest!
thanks, Abby!

I was experiencing chest pains with a stabbing pain that increased as I took a deep breath. I went to the cardiologist and had a zillion tests taken. Everything was normal.

Turns out that you can enflame your chest wall from over-exertion. Which in turn will affect your lungs and give you pain.

After taking it a litte easier with my running and paying more attention to reaching my target heart rate rather than far exceeding it, the pains have stopped.

ive recentlyhad chest pains through my heart and left arm... im only 19 yrs old so i asked my mother is if was to young for a stroke and she said no... but she figured it was only a gas pocket in my back makin my left side hurt this way.. i dont know wether or not to go to the hospital or see if it gets better all alone..

I 26 yrs old and I am having this pain right now. Usually it is only for a couple seconds and goes away and I am ready to go again. It has been 1.5hrs now. I am sitting at my office. This happens only when I am relaxed, like watching tv or hanging out with my wife and daughter. So its not from over excerting myself. I have read a few of therse posts and I don't know what it is. Please help!

Jupe-

Trapped wind try gaviscon chewable tablets!

I get this too. Sometimes I get random stabbing pains and I feel my heart pounding. I then get really dozzy and struggle to breath.
I'm terrified that this might be heart problems.. but I'm too scared to go to a doctor..
What do you think it might be?

i am 23 and just had a angina attack and a small heart attack i get these pains also. i am also tired all the time, mood swings and cant even walk around the block without having to take a 15 min break. get your blood pressure checked and get some blood tests done for cholesterol and your glucose levels. as you can see these pains can be harmful so dont dismiss them get them checked out

If you had test done on your heart and everything is normal it could be what's called Costochondritis which is an imflamtion of the cartilage where ribs attach to the breastbone, the sternum. It is over looked a lot by doctors.The cause(s) of costochondritis is(are) not known and may involve several factors. Possible causes include heredity (genetic predisposition), viruses, and trauma (injury).

Costochondritis can be an independent condition by itself or sometimes be a feature of a more widespread disorder. Examples of illnesses that can feature costochondritis include fibromyalgia, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, reactive arthritis, and inflammatory bowel disease (such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease).
Costochondritis can be aggravated by any activity that involves stressing the structures of the front of the chest cage. It is generally best to minimize these activities until the inflammation of the rib and cartilage areas has subsided.

Rest, anti-inflammatory drugs, physical therapy, and even cortisone injections have been used as therapy for the inflamed, painful cartilage of both costochondritis. Ice packs applied to local swelling can sometimes help to reduce pain and inflammation. Local lidocaine analgesic patch (Lidoderm) application can reduce pain

im 14 and im getting this rlly sharp pain like right were my heart is or below it and its only when im relaxed. never when im running iv been getting them for a year now and im heading out to hospital. to find out whats wrong so when i get back ill tell you guys what was the problem.

-achraf

Hey

The "weird chest pains" thing is pretty common amongst all young people, and with good reason. It's nothing to worry about. I'm 23 and I still get them too.

For more answers, look up 'Precordial Catch Syndrome'. It'll help explain what I mean.

I am 26 years old and have suffered from this strange symptom for over 3 years now. I too get this inpending feeling of doom and gloom, just like i'm about to hit the deck with a heart attack. Rest assure though that these pains are NOT a heart attack. you would definatly know if it was a heart attack cus you'd hit the deck in agony. along with the pain; anxiety can make you think that this is the big S, but just try relax when it occurs.
some causes may include heart burn / indigestion, nerve damage through injury. If you smoke or do heavy training in the gym this can increase the likely hood of the pain returning. The best bet is to get yourself to the docs and stand your ground and not be fobed of with a typical doctor response. Remember especially those with family that this is your heart, not your toe, but the big muscle that keeps you alive so get it seen to.

Hey, ive had similar problems too. i occasional have sharp pains in my heart (or so it feels) they only last a few seconds, but can be very worrying, my heart tends to race a little faster than normal too after them and a slight loss of breathe.
I am slim...but very unhealthy, dont exercise, my suger and saturated fat intake is awful, and since being in university my alcohol comsumption doesnt help my health either. im a smoker but planning on quitting smoking in the next few months as i am starting to get worried about my health.....would my unhealthy regime have anything to do with the pains? and if so, if changing my lifestyle would it stop the pains?
Thanks