I'm 17 and have had anxiety problems since 16. I sometime get panic attacks but most of the time it's anxiety.

Recently I've been getting heart palpitations from anxiety. When I don't have anxiety my heart palpitations go away. However a palpitation can cause my to get very anxious to throw me into a panic attack.

Of late I never had palpitations while masturbating but it seems of recent it's happening more.

So for now I've decided to stop masturbating since the pleasure isn't worth bad anxiety / panic attacks.

any ideas?

I'm a male forgot to include that.

Were you at any point on any anti-anxiety treatment? I know it doesn't help much to say this, but this is not unusual situation you are going through because that is what anxiety can do to you. The worst effects of anxiety are the ones it has on your body, or to be more correct, anxiety is what makes you more aware of perfectly normal body functions. For example, when you masturbate, your heart naturally beats faster - everyone's does; but it's anxiety what is making you more self-aware and even pushing the normal event to the point you get so scared that it starts a panic attack. So, your heart will always beat faster when you're excited, but, believe me, the sooner you get rid of anxiety with any help you can get, the easier it will be to start to break this cycle of panic attacks.