I need anyone's help. I am 2O yrs old and having a problem. Over the past two days I've been having a ringing sound in my ear. I was at a friends house and they were playing some music for a few hours, everything was fine. When I left I put my earbuds in and began listening to music. Once I got home I began hearing a ring, I thought maybe if I sleep it'll go away, but no. Didnt work. Now, I'm beginning to hear a vibrating sound when I talk loud. Its so weird, and making my anxiety worse x worse. Usually if it rings it'll be for like a few seconds or so but this is still hear and annoying mr. Havent seen a dr yet. I've been praying that it goes away soon and I WONT have to resort to that. HELP ME! Haha

Hi Jace,

Its generally known as Tinnitus. It's a sign that you've damaged your hearing and should probably go away within a week. If its still going I'd go and see a doctor about it in case theres any more damage.

If it does go away though, you have still damaged your hearing and should be careful in future.

So, it lasted a wk for you? Hopefully thats all it is for me, about a wk or so. Did the dr give you any meds or anything to get rid of it?

Yeh it was just under a week. I don't remember it being continuous more on and off by the end anyway. Didn't go to the doctor as it had cleared up; just trust that I'm alright ;-)

Let me know how you get on anyway :-)

Thanks, dude. I appreciate it. I've been txtn alot of my friends to see about it, and many have dealt with it in the past. I shouldnt be concerned about it lasting forever, should I? I dont have hearing loss or anything, its just annoying.

No I wouldn't be overly concerned right now with it last ing forever, but if after a week or so its still going you'll want to see a doctor just to be sure.

It is a sign of damaged hearing, but you probably won't notice anything right now. It usually only affects certain frequency ranges, but if you keep doing this kind of stuff you'll definitely begin to notice it.

Just look after your ears :-D

Hi Jace,

Did it go away alright in the end?