Im 21 and for a while on and off had a heavy tight feeling in my chest followed sometimes by a 'loud' heart beat and feeling restless i also feel a bit short of breath at times and sometimes i get a stitch.i get the odd aches in my limbs too.
When its at its worst i think the worst i try to tell myself its prob a panic attack but i start thinking what if its not! Its been a constant feeling of preassure for about 2 weeks and its getting me down i feel silly going to the doctor about it.

You have symptoms of a heart attack. Seek emergency help right away. The symptoms of heart attack is different in women than it is in men. Women often feel pressure and/or tightness in their chest instead of chest pain when they have a heart attack. This happened to a relative of mine. She ignored the symptoms and she died. Please seek emergency care right away. You would rather be wrong than sorry.

i dont know its not so much as pain now as jus bit tight and i have a bit of a dry cough,there or no appointments at my doctors today so i have nothing until tomorrow and if i go to A&E now with jus a tight chest think they might be a bit displeased i dont know what to do you have scared me now,i was hinking it might be anxiety attacks from the amount of preassure i am under.

I have to agree that anxiety attacks have very similar symptoms. There is treatment for anxiety attacks too. If you live in a country where healthcare is free or at very low-cost, why not go see a doctor and get your money's worth. You have already paid your fair share of taxes to support your country's healthcare system.

I ended up going to A&E in the night from panicking n having been woken up in my sleep anyway it turns out i have a viral infection causing a heavy chest and the burning they said is down to over acid reflux i also had an infection so that i guess made me a bit confused and anxious not being well.I think as there are many causes of chest pain heavy chest its a good idea when giving advice to mention that n not in your first sentence say 'your having a heart attack' as you dont know the persons medical history,i know your relative had one and im sorry to hear that but symptoms differ from person to person and can easily be escalated out of control by worry :-)

Anxiety and heart attack risk
www.youtube.com/watch?v=UddZ6Gc94kU&feature=related

Women and heart attack risk
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz1GfUHX2TA

hoseclamps wrote:

Anxiety and heart attack risk

There may be an increased risk if you are a chronic long term sufferer but that's due to the health impact on the rest of your body, the lifestyle choices you make, and ultimately can lead to some risk. Anxiety/panic attacks themselves are not considered to be related to heart attacks.

However, having symptoms like this does not mean you are having a heart attack at all, and if it's a panic/anxiety attack and you have never had one before or are not a long term chronic sufferer, you are not about to have a heart attack, even though many sufferers are convinced they are going to have one (a classic symptom of anxiety). In fact there is much opinion that heightened anxiety actually strengthens the heart. Just that it's not good long term on the rest of the body.