My daughter who is one-month shy of her 15th birthday, has had light bleeding from her rectum. It doesn't run out, just when she wipes. She has also been having cramps in her upper stomach. Other than that, no other pain or diarrhea. Note: she has not started her mentrual cycle yet.

Since bleeding from rectum is not normal I would suggest seeing a doctor about it.

Bleeding from rectum could be indicating hemorrhoids (usually due to constipation), fissures (due to constipation or anal sex) and endometriosis. Endometriosis is a female disorder in which endometrial cells grow elsewhere besides the uterus. Endometriosis is very rare before the onset of menstruation but you better contact her GP and a gynecologist.

Hallo,
I have to say I agree with Mick with all the causes of rectal bleeding but they can’t apply on fifteen year old girl. It is a fact that the hemorrhoids can be developed in any age, but I don’t think that this is the case, especially with fissures from sex. I don’t know why you even suggested this. Did you ask your daughter about the color of the blood? If the color of the blood is bright red then she did scratch herself or something similar, but if the color of blood is dark brown then it came from her intestines. Problem with internal bleeding is that it is hard to diagnose the right cause of it. In many cases this is caused by stomach ulcers.

I'm experiencing something similar. I have light bleeding when I wipe. But have had no stomach pains the only pain I feel is when pooping and after.