I am 5 days into recovery from a dorsal incision to remove a mortons neuroma. I was given a surgical shoe which I hobble around on but when I put my foot flat on to the floor the familiar ball of pain can be felt through my foot. Wanting to remain positive is this normal at this time. I am taking it easy and not putting the foot under any great pressure. The post op pain in general was fine and I stopped taking voltarol after 48 hours. My main discomfort is the numbness in the 2nd and 3rd toes which has taken me by surprise as it does bother me and throbs to the point it can wake me during the night. Will this reduce? Any positive stories or comments would be appreciated as there is so many disappointed from this surgery.

Hi there, my best guess is that it will reduce after a few days but unfortunately i'm not well-versed in it. Can you let me know how you're doing right now? I'd like to hear how you're doing. Thanks!

I am one week today from Morton's neuroma surgery and a pin for a hammer toe. My doctor was very vague with me (my fault) thinking he was going through the top of foot, I do not think he did. I will admit all the horror stories about the pain afterwards & I really didn't have much. It was so bad before, not normal bottom ball pain, that this is nothing. My foot is wrapped, all I can see is the pin in my third toe which comes out in two days. I was told no pressure at all for 4-6 weeks, although I read different from others. I was told to ice it, but still to this day do not know for sure if he went from top or bottom, thinking bottom, some pain that I never had before and more wrapping. My doctor is 38, so no old school, I don't understand why he went from bottom if anyone can help that would be great? The worse part is no pressure, for I am using a rolling walker & have horrible shin splints on the bad foot, so I basically can not do much. That is driving me crazy. Plus using all the other muscles I was not used to, it feels like I got ran over by a car. After we decided to do the surgery, I began to read and had questions, which I called, offered to go & it basically came down to getting this over with and trusting him or waiting another two months, all I was told is it was very big & rushed out. Research on my doc is great, just angry I have no clue. And since he is young, he should have put dissolving pin in toe? All I know is I am stuck in my house for at least 4 weeks. And have a lot to say to him on Monday. Just wanted to say pain from surgery not bad at all, worse from shin splints or shoulder pain with crutches. Good luck to you all. As I figure, it can not ever be worse then it was and I have a very high pain tolerance. Good luck, don't be dumb like me, make sure you get answers, or wait & get second doc also.

Hi I have both feet done in 8 weeks I was running again.

Did u have pin sticking out of toe and no walking at all for 4 weeks? at same time? It's gonna come back if you keep pounding it, do the research.

Hello, I am almost 2 weeks post op from removal if 2 neuromas and 1 fibroma from left foot. I have about 15-20 stitches between incisions in top and bottom if foot. No weight bearing for 5-6 weeks. I have a hard time getting around but no real pain in foot. Sometimes it feels strange but not painful. Hopefully it will heal well and I will be back to walking and doing other things.