Hi. I’m just wondering if anyone here has had the plantar fasciitis operation because I’m going to have one in a month and I would like to here from anyone who’s had the operation. I’m very curious if is was successful or not and anything else that could be important. Thanks a lot.

I haven't had the surgery but too have chronic plantarr fasciitis. Good luck with the surgery and let me know how it went. I would also like to know as much as I can about it in the case I consider having it done.

I had plantar release surgery on June 30th and was told NO WEIGHT bearing for at least 3 weeks. There is no way I could run in a gym right now. I can't even walk. HOWEVER, the doctor cut a two to two and a half inch slice on both calves....is this normal procedure for plantar release surgery? or did he opt to do additional cutting due to the severity of my pain? I had heard that people can walk again shortly after surgery, but I am currently in a wheelchair for awhile because I can't stand to walk with these sore calf muscles as well. If anyone else had plantar release surgery which also involved cutting into the calf of both legs, please respond! I am a bus driver and am hoping to be able to drive a bus again by the time school resumes. Or email me (in case I can't find this website again) at _[removed]_ I have suffered with plantar fascitis for nearly 20 years and have had all the orthotics, taping, cortisone shots, inserts, etc. I am glad I finally had the surgery. My heels don't hurt at all now.... I think I just have to wait for the calf muscles to heal (as well as my little toes that were also operated on)
Thanks.

I'm scheduled for surgery Friday, but endoscopically. Has anyone had this done?

I am having this surgery tomorrow. My doc is doing it endoscopically and said I just had to rest for three days, then some light weight bearing is okay. To StarFire1970 -- that sounds like pretty extensive surgery. Not sure why your doctor would have done that for plantar release??

I will post on how my surgery goes. It is scheduled for tomorrow morning.

I am having this surgery tomorrow morning. Mine is an endoscopic procedure and I am only supposed to be off my foot completely for about three days. Doc says I will be able to do some light weight bearing after that. Will keep posting to let people know how it goes.

I have had problems with plantar faciatis for about six years, however it has gotten worse over the last two. I did eight injections with no relief. I have custom orthotics, do stretching, night splints, etc. This is truly a last resort! I can only hope that it will bring some relief.

I was wondering how the surgery went? I have had chronic issues for about 1 1/2 years now....am considering surgery.

Thanks!

Hi everyone! I originally posted in here under the name Starfire 1970. I wanted to give you an update from my foot surgery a couple years ago.

After years of having so much foot and heel pain, I can honestly say I don't even think aboutmy feet any more! The doctor had cut a two inch (Approximately) incision in both calves to release a tendon or something, and had also cut into both heels. It is the best thing I ever did! My feet do not hurt at all anymore! And I can wear almost any shoe without problems. Hard to believe!

One word of caution for anyone else getting this surgery done.....My feet went from size 9 1/2 to almost an 11. I think my arches were so high that when the tendons were cut, it lowered my arches somewhat and stretched my foot out. I would recommend this surgery to anyone. Weeks of being laid up is NOTHING compared to the life you can have afterwards!

Hello I am going to be having this surgery on the 26th of this month they are also going to cut the calcaneal nerve branch. I have tried everything the injections 8 of them, splints, therapy stretches all of it and i am only 26 years old. How long were you all down after the surgery? Were you in crutches and Cam boot or cast? How do you shower? How much therapy did you need? Sorry I have a lot of questions that are going unanswered.
Thanks
nenaf1981

hi all.
nenaf1981 how did surgery go? iwas due to also have surgery on this day but had prospone and now go in on 10th july feeling quite nervous, my surgeon is removing half my heel muscle and half the planter fascaitus muscle, not sure how this will be done and what happens after surgery e.g in cast,no dressings....... also my right foot as now started with the same problem and well its worse than the left at the moment, my g.p wont do anything and i am hoping that on the day my surgeon will do both for me all i can do is ask...

My dad has been in chronic pain in both feet from plantar fasciitis for at least 10 years. He had the injections, wore all the splints, did the exercises, even had the ultrasound-like surgery. Nothing has worked. He is considering going to Mayo's in Minnesota, but as he lives in Kansas City, I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good surgeon closer? Where would one look to find good foot surgeons in general? I guess he'd be willing to travel most anywhere at this point, but he's tired of talking to people who don't know what they're doing.
Any help/info you can provide would be great.

I had the surgury last friday - 5 days ago. I am now at partial weight bearing. It hurts. :cry: I am in a boot. On day 10 I get my stitches out. Originally he told me 5 days no weight well no I am on crutches till day 10. It is about 2 inches wide right at the base of heel on bottom of my foot. I am anxious to get back to normal as I have suffered many years with both feet. This one was thought to have ruptured...sadly only partially ruptured...unlike the left one 4 years ago that ruptured and I have not had problem since with it...both ruptured after cortisone shots....hoping and praying that this surgury works so I can start running again! Julie

**this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use

Surgery 5/6/09 how are you doing? I have had pain for 35 years and just about ready to do anything. The doc wanted me to continue with the orthotics, stretching, PT but I am ready to move on. The pain is awful and chronic. He does the release on the calf, not the heel. I would love to hear from those who have had this done. There are notes from many who were going to get it done, but no update. I hope that means they are freed from pain and busy getting on with life to sit at a computer, but please let me know.

After 5 years of pain 24-7, I finally decided to have the surgery. I was getting cortisone injections for the past few months to no avail. I had the surgery done April 29th. My doctor initially told me I would be off my foot for 4 days. Then at post op said 10 days of NO WALKING what so ever and I had to wear the surgical boot for a month. I only planned on being out of work for 4-5 days. I missed over 2 weeks of work and wore the surgical boot for over a month. I really needed to take the month off. I could not drive myself and had difficulty walking. The boot in itself is a pain. Its heavy and about 3 inches higher than your other foot....with most shoes. This causes your hips to start hurting. Then to get up you need to put your weight on the other foot/knee and that causes issues with the knee on the opposite foot. I twisted it pretty badly. Then my lower back starting hurting from the two and a half weeks of lying down elevating foot. Now I have sciatic nerve pain. I have just started walking around regularly, but my ankle and foot swell up terribly when I do. There is numbness and pain around my little toe. My heel feels a little better. I am reading from others that the recovery is actually months, not weeks. I hope the next month better.

Starfire 1970 - I am curious how your surgery ended. How long did it take you to heal and have you fully recovered.