Hello! Is there anybody who could tell me more about plantar fasciatis surgery? I suffer from plantar fasciatis pain and am thinking about the surgery. Is there anybody who has had it? All the info is more than welcome!!!

Hello! Some years ago I have been suffering from plantar fasciatis pain but I was strongly advised not to have a surgery as many conservative treatments should do the repair. There are some risks involving the surgery like over release of the plantar fascia, nerve injury to the foot, persistence of symptoms, infection. I would be very sorry to hear that you have failed all the previous treatments and that surgery is your only option but if you haven’t then don’t think about the surgery. I have managed without it. Good luck!

Gilligan.. I just had the surgery on my foot 3 weeks ago today and thanks to modern technology I was able to run a mile at the gym today. Though it hurts tonite it is all worth it after the surgery.

Rhonda

I had plantar release surgery on June 30th and was told NO WEIGHT bearing for at least 3 weeks. There is no way I could run in a gym right now. I can't even walk. HOWEVER, the doctor cut a two to two and a half inch slice on both calves....is this normal procedure for plantar release surgery? or did he opt to do additional cutting due to the severity of my pain? I had heard that people can walk again shortly after surgery, but I am currently in a wheelchair for awhile because I can't stand to walk with these sore calf muscles as well. If anyone else had plantar release surgery which also involved cutting into the calf of both legs, please respond! I am a bus driver and am hoping to be able to drive a bus again by the time school resumes. Or email me (in case I can't find this website again) at _[removed]_
Thanks.

Those who have tried everything to no avail?
Stop wasting money and get it fixed once and for all. I had a great surgeon and am confident this will take care of the problem! At least the discomfort I am having NOW will go away!!!!!
Thanks.

I just had the surgery on June 2nd and I am still in daily pain. I am in no way close to going to the gym. Walking around Costco for an hour can do me in and I limp to the car. I thought maybe it will take a few months but after reading some of these posts, I am beginning to wonder if I will ever be pain free again. Keep in mind the pain is now in different places of my foot. The original area that caused pain seems to be ok, but now my ankle and parts of the back of my heel hurt. If anyone has any advice please share it with me. Am I rushing things or should I be ready to go now? Any advice will be helpful.

TM

I had the surgery on my right foot March 8, 2006 and on my left foot May 10, 2006. I am in the same boat as you. My heels no longer hurt but my arches, ankles and even the top of my feet hurt. I am wondering if I will ever be "normal" again. I can't shop, walk, dance or any of the things I used to do. It is all I can do to get through a days work. GD

i too have had plantar pain for 29 years , the wart on the bottom of my foot was so painful i could hardly stand . have you tried the vinegar soaks?
it works i swear .here is what you do get a pan or foot bath, put about half a gallon of cheap, distilled vinegar and equal amount of hot water ' soak your feet in each night for half hour to 45 min .i have been doing this for 3 months now and the wort is almost completely gone. i swear this works .it will also work for fungus infection , and for psoriasis, just pour it into your bath water and soak .

i had the op 3 years ago.

to go in to detail is to upsetting.
DON'T be tempted to have this done however desperate you feel now!!!

gilligan wrote:

Hello! Is there anybody who could tell me more about plantar fasciatis surgery? I suffer from plantar fasciatis pain and am thinking about the surgery. Is there anybody who has had it? All the info is more than welcome!!

Hi Gillian. I've been in severe pain in both feet for 16 months now. Been on crutches most of the time. I'm having surgery on 22nd December and can't wait. I can't even get out of bed some mornings so any relief is welcome. Will let you know how i get on.

I suffered from Plantar Fasciatis for several years before opting to have the surgery on one foot. I tried the orthodics, night splints, buying hundreds of dollars on shoes, stretching, tennis balls, ice, elevating and even magnets. I could barely get out of bed walking (only in my 40's) and would put my in feet in a cold pool of water and cry every night after work.

They did a release of the plantar, achilles tendon and I opted to do bunion and hammer toes since the recovery was the same. My doctor had me in a hard cast for six weeks and walking cast for four weeks with gradual weight bearing each day until I was able to walk. I would NEVER do the hammer toes again as I've had problems with regaining feeling and swelling even after six months.

The Plantar was instant relief ... pain free! Recuperation was tough being in a hard cast and no weight bearing but I thought it would all be worthwhile. Then about five months after surgery the pain started coming back the more I would be on my feet. Now that I'm active again and on my feet every day for work, the pain just increases every day. I'm still not back to an exercise routine because walking around the block is uncomfortable and I'm trying not to aggrivate it. The pain has moved more towards the heel pad rather than the in-step but the Plantar is inflamed and I now have pain that goes up into my the back of my legs and into my hips.

Would I do the surgery again if I knew what I know now? I probably would because I was in such extreme pain. The pain before was a 10 and I'm now at a 4-5 depending upon the day. I had hopes of going back to the gym but things aren't looking so great for running and spinning in my future!

just had surgery on 17th Feb 2012 for plantar release, at this moment i am in bandages and weight bearing on my toes, hopefully willl be pain free in about 6 weeks when its all heeled. the surgery was good and i was out of hospital the same day. would i go through this again, yes i would.