I have mono…but I also have a boyfriend and the last thing I’d like to happen is to pass him this virus. I started feeling fatigue lately and I have high fever two days now so I’d like to now what is mono timeframe to be transmitted to another person. And yet considering the mono timeframe when I’ll be able to kiss my boyfriend and what are some other mono symptoms just in case my boyfriend gets it so we could recognize them. Thanks.

Mono timeframe in which you’ll be contagious is not yet known but for it is obvious your acute mono infection has just started meaning that its early symptoms are fatigue, high fever, headache, chilliness, appetite loss and these symptoms may last up to several months but usually they disappear in about 3 or 4 weeks. Anyway I also have mono and I am always precocious regarding mono timeframe in which I might transmit the virus to other persons so I always determine mono timeframe up to 6 months after my acute mono infection has occurred though its symptoms never lasts longer than 3 weeks in my case. That’s because it is thought that this virus keeps being present in your saliva for a long period of time after the symptoms of mono has disappeared and for that reason you should avoid kissing your boyfriend, don’t share foods and drinking cups and utensils for a long period of time after your symptoms are gone. And as for other mono symptoms they might be soar throat with swallowing difficulties as well as swollen lymph glands on the neck area, but also skin yellowing and the body rash.