Helllo im about almost 14 years old and i wanna loose the weight i have on me i am about 140 pounds and i look fat! i wanna loose this weight befor i go into my freshmen year in high school because im tired of getting called fat. and i was wondering if you had any ideas for me on how i could loose weight? please respond

First off, how tall are you? Because I'm 5'6" and I weight 178lb and I am NOT fat. So being 140lb is not being fat in my mind but it all depends on how tall you are. People sometimes can be mean to you because they envy you or because they just want to be plain mean.

Firstly, I would consult your doctor prior to beginning ANY weight loss program... you need to make sure you are healthy enough for exercise and an abrupt change in diet. ALSO you will then be able to know if your lab work is okay...if you are lacking crucial vitamins in your diet, as you begin your program you can make sure you incorporate those vitamins or minerals into your diet. (OR also address any health problems)

Your doctor may tell you that you are NOT fat. Remember, people can be cruel and mean.... the ideal weight/size is an individual thing and healthy does not mean TINY stick figure thin either.

Now onto a healthy lifestyle program, one that works for ANY age.

Stop eating ALL junk foods. By this I mean, fast foods, packaged desserts, chips, cookies, doughnuts etc. When you need a snack, stick with fresh fruits, fresh veggies, a few nuts or low fat yogurt.

Drink at least 8 glasses (8oz) of WATER a day. Do NOT drink any soda OR fake fruit type drinks. Anything less than 100% natural as far as juices go should be eliminated.... BUT you should drink Gatorade (or similar brand) electrolyte replacement beverages when working or playing in a hot environment.

Do NOT skip any meals. Try to have healthy options for food ONLY in your house... everyone can benefit from that. (I made the change in my house) Have a fresh fruit at breakfast with either yogurt or whole grains, like steelcut oatmeal or multigrain cereal. Milk and OJ is perfectly acceptable as well to drink.

For lunch and dinner do not overload your plate... have a lean protein, like fish, skinless chicken/turkey, lean pork and lean beef. The largest portion of food on your plate should be your veggie...always have at least ONE fresh veggie at each dinner meal. Limit your intake of pasta and rice.... maybe two or three times a week max.

Experiment with new tastes and varieties... you may be surprised that a food especially a veggie that you hated a year or two ago may be delicious to you now.

So in short, three sensible meals, two healthy snacks each day. Lots of water.

You CAN go out to eat, just keep an eye out for heart healthy/diet or weight watchers menu items..do not be shy to ask your sever to have the sauce, dressing or gravy on the side. Or substitute a high fat, fried item for a more healthy option off of the menu.

Next...keep moving throughout the day. Everything you do CAN be considered exercise depending on the amount of effort you put into it. You can simply go for a walk around a block or two... play sorts, swim, bike, do heavy cleaning around the house, yard work...etc etc. Try to get at least 30 minutes of sweaty activity each day... then every two or three days concentrate on one hour of purposeful exercise... like using youtube workout videos etc. Or going for a jog or walk for a longer amount of time at a faster pace...try to keep your heart rate up for the entire hour.

With these simple tips you can lose weight and improve your overall health.

(The above is what I have done for the last year and I have lost 85 pounds in a healthy and safe way because of it)

okay, i am 14 and  about 160 pounds,  and i wanna lose weight i dont get called fat, everyone says i aint fatt. i look good in clothes, but when i am in a swim suit i dont like the way i look, i dont go to the doctor often, i try not to eat junk food but i have a sweet tooth... i have tried dieting and nothing works. i dont know if i can take diet pills, i sorta want to see if they workk, i excersise daily. i cant drive so i walk everywhere i wanna goo. what should i doooo????????

I agree with Daisy. You know, I'm 5'4 and 180. I know I need to lose a bit of my belly but aside from that---I'm healthy. A friend once told me its important to be at a healthy weight because if you fall ill you won't have room to shed more weight. Most of what people deem skinny today is actually "sickly". Anything else is assumed to be overweight. Kids are cruel and without reason most times. Chances are if you lose the weight, they might find fault in something else. Don't ever make changes for anyone else but yourself. If you lose it, do it for you and you alone. No other way is ever done successfully.

If you truly want to lose weight, cut out fried foods, stop drinking soda, substitute veggies for side dishes and drink LOTS of water. A fatty snack once in awhile is good though---stops you from binging and breaking down. Remember iron is important in your diet. Dont ignore your stomach rumbling. Dont let yourself pass out.

Good luck and be safe :-)

Diet pills are cheating and dangerous. Especially at your age. Not to mention Ive questioned them myself but did you know the instructions read for you to "eat a balanced diet and exercise" ??

Because thats what dieting is. We all have cravings. The challenge is using your self control. and when you do it feels sooo good. When you see the change and feel better. Healthy food actually makes you feel good and opposed to junk food. Like they say, you are what you eat.

Try a workout, pilates, yoga. You can even watch them online. Free.

I walk most everywhere but it doesnt help. Biking on the other hand, does wonders for your muscles.

It may however make your weight go up. I have strong calf muscles so it accounts for some of my weight.

Your best bet is a cardio. Sweat it off. Thats how a good amount of celebs and thin people I know lose weight.

Good luck and be safe.

Thanks guys. I just wanted to say i will take your advice and try it out. i will keep you guys posteddd:) and i have another question. what kind of excersises can i do for my arms?