I'm going to be 14 in a few weeks, ( a girl ) and I want to loose weight.. I'm not fat, but not skinny either. I'm not sure of my current weight, around 8 on the scale. Height is 5'3 approx. I am active, I walk to and from school 5 days a week, which would be about 3 miles per day. I used to swim everyday in the evenings, swimming up to about 30-50 lanes, of a 20m pool. One of my friends has decided to loose weight and it's working for her, she has a pasta salad or brown bread for lunch, and walks in the evenings. I live in a town, but she is in the country so the walking would be suited to her. Most girls my age are really slim, flat stomachs and I wonder why I don't.. Instead of having wedges for lunch, because there really bad and unhealthy, I started having 3 sausage rolls, and a juice or water. My body appearance has affected my confidence.. I suck it in in school, making sure it doesn't look big. I don't go to discos, and I can't wear most clothes I would like to wear! It's hard because everyone says I'm really skinny but I'm not and really want to be.. Please help!!!

Celebrity

Do you still swim? That's a great sport - you should continue doing it. 

Regarding eating habits - less carbs - and try to limit them to veggies and whole grains, and of course don't eat them in the evenings. Avoid juices (because of sugar) and drink water instead. 

Insead of trying to lose weight, try improving your eating habits - more veggies, lean meat and less carbs. Spaghetties are not that healthy, btw..  :)

Go back to swimming - at least 3 times a week - it will definitely improve your muscle tone.

Try doing that for about 2-3 months - improving your eating habits and swimming again - I am 100% sure you will be more satisfied with yoru body :) 

Thank you :) x

this calls for an emergency most of the time i cry because people say that i am fat. but this is crazy. you have to be defensive and fight back all the rude things the bullies did and say that you are confident. pray to god and make a food chart to balance your eating. and on the other hand my mom Victoria secret magenzie always have the pretty lady in it. i want to be like them i cry but at the end of the day i am fat. but when you grow older than that is when you are skinny. god made you beatiful. P.S THAT WAS AN 11 TEAR OLD TYPEING TO MAKE YOU FEEL CONFIDENT YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE.