how can you tell the difference between external/internal hemorrhoids to anal abscess..? would you treat them somewhat the same?? anyhelp is better than no help..thnx

Hi there! An abscess would be something like a pimple or something like that, and that's what causes it. It is not very painful to have one. Hemorrhoids are in and around the anus, and they are usually quite painful so I think you'd be able to tell the difference. Have you tried doing a google search? Why do you want to know about this? Thanks!

Hi man, I know what you're going through since I have hemorrhoids for 3 years now and my aunt also had anal abscess. But they aren't as painful as they are recurrent and constantly appear. An abscess would hurt a lot more than just a hemorrhoid. And also, external hemorrhoid is located on your anus, so you should be able to touch it. I have a question. If this is for you, how long are you feeling it? Did you notice blood in your stool or blood on a toilet paper? Please be cautious and let us know if you notice anything like that. I advise you to see a specialist about it.

Hi man, I know what you're going through since I have hemorrhoids for 3 years now. But they aren't as painful as they are recurrent and constantly appear. An abscess would hurt a lot more than just a hemorrhoid. And also, external hemorrhoid is located on your anus, so you should be able able to touch it.I have a question. If this is for you, how long are you feeling it? Did you notice blood in your stool or blood on a toilet paper? Please be cautious and let us know if you notice anything like that. I advise you to see a specialist about it.

An abscess can be VERY painful. I would do some more google searching and not rely on the above response.

Indeed they can be very painful, that asnwer saying that they are not is useless. They can be very serious as well and should be treated as soon as possible

Dont misguide people pls.

ABsecss is VERY PAINFUL.