Hello, I will have a surgery on Saturday, and I am very scared of pain, because I heard it will be unbearable. I couldn’t decide yet what to do about the pain, so I am wondering what are pain management methods that could help me?

I suffered from cancer, so I know what a real pain means. I used some opiates like morphine and oxycodone. These drugs helped me so much, I don’t know what would I do without them. There are many more drugs, especially opiates, you can use as pain management method. You shouldn’t wait until your pain becomes terrible to take your drug. Take a pill regularly even if you don’t feel the pain at the moment. However, some of my friends tried transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation, massage, relaxation, biofeedback and even hypnosis. I was thinking of trying hypnosis as a pain menegemant method, because I heard it really helped many people. It isn’t effective for everyone who tries it, but what do I have to lose?