My father has stage 4 lung cancer. His dr. has ordered iron levels and his ferritin is 1603. Is this normal for stage 4 cancer. is this signs of cancer progressing? Any answers would be of great help. We are just changing doctors as our dr. now has a lack of communication. He sugar coats everyhting to the point that we are not sure what is really going on. It leaves to many unanswered ???'s.
Kindest,
Sue

The best advice would be to see a doctor and find out for sure.

Well,
If I am not mistaking ferritin is a protein that is binding with iron and it’s main function is to store iron and release it in order to control the iron levels in your body. How long is your father using the iron supplements? How long did he know that he has cancer? Cancer is very dangerous and there are many ways to treat it, but his doctor has to find the best possible solution for his condition. The lever of ferritin is relevant to levels of iron in your body. The cancer can cause many changes in your body. I hope that this helped and that your father will get better.
All the best,
Nelie