Hello, I have pain in my left nipple. I usually feel it when I breathe in deep. It feel like a little prick, and goes away as soon as I breathe out and doesn't hurt when I breathe in normally. I'm kind of worried because I have had recent panic attacks and think this might be some problem with my heart.
I would really like to know what you think it might be. %-)

Have you done any heavy lifting that may have put a strain on this area? It sounds like a pinched nerve. One of the most common forms of back and chest pain is a pinched nerve in the middle or upper spine. In the case of chest pain related to a pinched nerve, the sensory or autonomic nerve fibers are often affected.

Pain can be caused by injury to the diaphragm muscle or other muscles and tendons around the rib cage. These muscles can cause chest pain.

Digestive problems such as heartburn, indigestion, acid reflux and ulcers can cause severe burning pain in the chest cavity. These symptoms are often so painful that they are mistaken for a heart attack and pose sharp pains in the chest.

Gallbladder problems can radiate pain into the chest cavity. This type of pain is often worse after eating. Gall bladder pain can be severe and come on rather suddenly.

Those are some ideas. If your symptoms worsen over time and do not diminish, it is best to see your doctor for a diagnosis. Best of luck to you.

Here are some things to consider: Was or is your nipple pierced? This would cause soreness. If there discharge coming from the nipple, you should see a medical professional. Could it be sore from some activity (sexual or otherwise)? In this case, you'll probably be ok. You could look up the word "lactation." That's where nursing mothers or mothers who plan to nurse go for info on nipple care to prevent or treat soreness. Have you lost a lot of weight lately, (which would cause a change in size, and perhaps some irritation). I hope these things help. Another serious consideration might be a fractured rib. Is that a possibility. If so, see a medical professional right away. That problem could lead to other very serious problems. Good luck.