I am 45 year sold and I have been diagnosed with diabetes last week. I have to say that I did not think something like this will happen to me, especially because I am in a good shape and I do not exaggerate with food. So, how many carbs should diabetic consume? I wish to start with even healthier life as soon as possible.

It is nice to see someone who is that optimistic about his condition. You should know that the exact amount of carbs you should ingest in a day will be specified by your doctor, with a help of the nutritionist. That depends on your weight, constitution, mass index… Still, it is a logical assumption that you will probably eat much less carbs than before.

Hello avigdor, 

Actually the best thing is that you already can control your food intake and as you will soon find out, that is the most important thing that will keep you healthy even with diabetes. And, carbohydrates are the main ingredient that you have to closely monitor because it has the most impact on your blood sugar levels, but still is vital to consume at least some amount of carbs in your diet because they are the main fuel for your body.
As alix said, the exact amount you can eat depends on the main way you control your diabetes, as well as the number of meals you eat daily, the general state of your health… 
So, you will need a more detailed plan, basically to the exact amount of grams of carbs you can eat and the professional advice here really is the best way to go.