just these past two months i've been getting these blister-like bumps on my finger. for some sort of reason, it's only on my left index finger(usually) and my right ring finger (occasionally). the bump doesn't hurt. when it comes, it comes as a few at once. then every one or two will seemt to grow and look like tiny blisters. if i pop it, clear white liquid would come out. the liquid seems thicker than water though. i don't know what it is or how i got it. these bumps come and go. sometimes when i look at my finger, if it's not a formed like a small blister bump than they look like little tiny water drops under the skin. help, help!! what is this?

Hi Suzi,

I am getting the SAME THING....only mine randomly pop up on both hands. That is what led me to your post. Have you gotten any answers? My son's pediatrician said that it's probably an allergic reaction to something. He suggested that hand sanitizer is probably irritating my skin. I'm not sure I'm buying it though! I think it's something else. Maybe it's viral???? I'm anxious to see what kind of replies you get here.

My left index finger suddenly began growing bumps. They are like a grouping of small blisters that have joined together to form an area about the size of a postage stamp. The skin is very tough and they are not easy to pop (for the most part) When they do pop they almost crack like a pimple would and the liquid that comes out is clear. I put a small amount between my thumb and index and the liquid has a slightly sticky viscosity to it, though it appears to be simply water. Very strange. I can say that I am under stress at the moment and to hazard a guess, it is something to do with the nervous system. When I was younger I used to always get a nervous rash under my chin, but this is different. After I squeeze them they are very painful and the area is quite tender. BUT:I did have a bandaid on this area a few days ago and so it could be the causal effect? Allergic reaction to these cheap band aids I bought? I know one thing, many of the chemicals that they use in plastic and manufacturing are very bad for us. Why would you place something that is a by-product of oil on your body? Dumb me. It could well be a combination of stress as well as the plastics in the bandaids. Our skin has its own immune system and if it is weakened during stress then these cheap bandaids may have circumvented this immunity to give me this infection. Sorry I can be of no further assistance, I will report anything that I may find that helps.

I have exactly the same thing.

Do not open them. I think it is a virus of some kind. It can spread to other parts of your body and other people

I am not sure, but I think it might be related to herpes, since herpes meds seem to help

sounds like Dyshidrotic eczema

%-) I got an outbreak of these small blister like bumps all over my fingers, i've never had it this bad before...but they actually hurt and i tried pricking them with a needle, but they dont deflate! Still hurt.

Same here, I am getting little tiny patches of very small blister like bumps I can pop them clear liquid comes out they don’t bug me at all other than being a bit rough and you can hardly notice them. So far it tends to only happen on the sides of my fingers they don’t itch nor are they and some are starting to dry up seeming to go away. They started showing up when I used hand sanitizer so I stopped using it. It’s been about 2 weeks and they are still appearing on new fingers any clue what it could be never had history of this before though I have a history of having bad allergies

I can also join the club as i have small clusters on my left index finger, and both little fingers as well as the base of my wrist and thumb joint. I have had this complaint now for about 1 and a half years and it has slowly got worse. I have had it on all of my fingers but it seems to come and go, and is random.

To combat it i have looked on the internet to see firstly what is it, and if i need to go to the doctor.

I have seen several ideas as to what it could be, the main ones are.
Allergic Reactions.
Lewandowsky-Lutz dysplasia(Only in rare ressecive cases)
Eczema
some Viral Infetion
and possibly a type of wart if it has a blackend centre.

If someone from a medical profession please clarify as to what this is then i would be very much abliged.

I have been getting outbreaks of little clusters of blisters for probaby 5 or 6 years now on the top inside and sides of my right center finger. I have been to several Dermatologist and have had biopsis done and nobody knows what it is. The biopsis have all come back as it being normal skin??
I had one doctor tell me it is from stress, she said the body has different ways of diffusing stress and it sometines can cause rashes and other things. all I know is it is very irritating.

okay, so i used to get these "bumps" on my toes, i thought they were poisin ivy but they did not itch and i kind of got a habit of popping them and after a while when i stopped popping them they went away- that was like 3 years ago, but now they appeared on my fingers and once again i cant help but to pop them! and they have spread to most of my fingers and now they are moving to the rough skin right below my fingers on the inside of my hand and are not poppable because the skin is to thick! and now i have trouble using my writing utensil in class...it cant be an allergic reaction because i am not allergic.....BUT! i am under a lot of stress because of finals right now....so idk! >:(

I have been getting patches of tiny blister-like spots on the first two fingers of my right hand for years. I generally don't try to pop them, but when I have, I too just get a clear liquid. The skin around them is thicker & takes longer to heal, and the nail on my index finger doesn't grow well from the cuticle, which is near where the rash started. I thought for years it might be related to smoking, b/c they that's usually where I hold a cigarette, and I had been told that nicotine exacerbated wart break-outs. I asked my dermatologist about it, and he didn't know what it was, and kinda blew me off. Now, I've got a patch on the ball of my left hand. I'm not sure if I'm reassured that other people has similar issues or not!

I just wanted to say that I have this exact same thing! It's always on my right pinky, just to the left of the fingertip. These ones are annoying because there are about ten of them clustered close together and it's starting to impair my tactile sense with the finger. I have noticed them on other fingers before, but only one or two at a time and only ever on the backs or sides.

I was trying to find an answer to these small bumps too. I get them on my ring finger on my left hand. I looked up the information on that dyhidrotic eczema and I'm certain it's not that. These little bumps don't itch at all. They are about the size of a pin head and filled with clear liquid. They come and go at random. Maybe they are stress related... I'll have to keep track. No one else notices them. When they start going away skin feels rough almost to the point of cracking. I notice them most just after working with a hot liquid like liquid glycerin and some fragrance oils (I'm a soap maker by trade). Perhaps it's an allergic reaction but I wouldn't think so and why would it be now after all these years in the same profession? I guess I'm leaning more towards stress only because of the timing. They do not spread even if I break them open. I only have them right near the corner of my fingernail in an area about as big as a dime. Skin is not red just rough. Any ideas please let me know. %-)

I to get these bumps.. don't know why but I get them on my ring finger and my middle finger too. If anyone knows why we get these please let us know.

OMG i get these same bumps I havent popped them i just look and I'm 15 so i'm very self consious about them so can someone plese figure out what they are because i don't fell comfortable with them