Hey everyone...

Ok, so, i ride horses and i wanted to know if you can break your hymen by doing that?? I'm not that old, but have never had sex.... but when i do i dont want it to hurt. How much does it hurt? How much would i bleed? Also, how do you know if your hymen is broken?

Please help me with these questions.... and if its not broken, how could i break it by myself? How do i know if its torn or broken? What would it feel like if i torn it?

Any vigorous physical activities including horse riding can potentially break your hymen. I am a guy, so I am guessing that pain does not necessarily accompany a broken hymen, because a lot of young women are apparently not aware that their hymen is broke already. I am further guessing that if you can easily insert a full-sized dildo into your vagina without discomfort, your hymen is probably torn already.

Hi Bri,
Yes it is very possible for you to have broken you hymen by riding horses. It is very common for girls to have this happen if they are in gymnastics, cheerleading and so on. The way to tell for sure if it is broken to to visit your gyno and he/she can explain everything about YOUR body to you. As far as sex hurting, it is actually different for everyone and truthfully it depends on how big the guy that has captured your attention is. Your first time may be a little uncomfortable and you may or may not bleed. It's really just the experience that will tell you whats going to happen. Be prepared and lie on a towel!!! Make sure you educate your guy and i'm sure he'll already know what to expect. Communication is the key to your first time going good. Oh and tell him to go easy...it will hurt less!!! Best of luck to you and **remember**use protection ;-) !!!!

I will use protection :-) If its not broken, would it be better if i break it myself somehow?

Oh, and if it is broken, i havent seen any blood. Any. If it did break when i was riding a horse, would it have to bleed? Or could i be a "not bleeding" person??

well if you want you can try breaking it yourself with an adult toy that is long enough. And no there is a big chance that you could be one of the lucky ones that do not bleed their first time!! so it could very well be broken and you not have felt a thing. my suggestion would be to try using an adult toy and see if you feel any discomfort or experience any bleeding....on another note this will also help prepare your vaginal area for sex and make it easier for your guy to enter you without causing discomfort for you or him. i am by no means an expert lol, i am only 25, but if i can share some of the things that terrified me then woo hoo!!! hope it helps!!

Hi
Hymen is a skin at the entrance of you vagina. You should be able to touch it. I reallt don't think that you need a sex toy. You can try this with your fingers. If it hurts when you pres inside then you still have your hymen.
First sexual experience is painful in most cases. But there are some that don't experience any pain at all. If you want to ease things up try using water base lubricant. It will help you a lot.
If you have more question just feel free to ask.

And almost forget, I agree with previous posters it is possible that you have lost your hymen by riding a horse. :-)

Ok, i was exploring some last night lol and i can actually get in me, like.... i didnt know if it was broke or not, but when ii inserted 2 finger, i can go through a like... ring, a tight one, but then when i tried to go further it hurt... i could feel my fingers going in the "ring" Where is the hymen located? If anyone could post a picture it would be appriciated, as i have no idea lol

help!

Based on your description, I think your tight ring is your hymen, and it is still intact. You can google "pictures of hymen" if you want to look at some pictures.

Well if you have a blockage in side you then your hymen is still there. Only if you can freely insert your fingers then you don't have a hymen. I hope that you are satisfied with this. Do you have some more questions about this?

vigorous / excessive  physical activity like horse riding , cycling , childhood trauma can cause hymen rupture ------- Doc

I've ridden since I was 6 and I'm 13, if I'm able to slide my fingers in does that mean my hymen is broken??

Who the f**k are you to tell this little girl she is broken? First off its creepy your talking to little girls about their hymens. Second off unless you are a doctor(which does not make it less creepy) I don't even understand why your chiming in. Any vigorous physical activities? Really bro? When's the last time you had a hymen? This poor girl looking for answers in a world that lies to her just wants to know what to expect and worry about. She should have her mother or sister or auntie or friend to talk to about this. Or a doula or a midwife.not some creepy guy on the internet.

Your hymen is a stretchy piece of skin that surrounds the inside of your vagina it has a hole in the centre (think about how a girl's period comes out even if she's never had sex) a penis can pass through without pain or blood even during first intercourse if proper attention (foreplay, lube and finger stretching) is paid.
Your hymen does not 'break' ever, it can tear via rough penetration but it will heal afterwards. It can become stretchier over time but It will not tear due to physical activity. This is myth.
If you ever bleed or feel pain during sex STOP
Sex is not meant to be painful