hello everyone.... i have a question about hypos and want to know if anyone else out there have had any issues with this condition.

I think if you plan your carb intake better, maybe you can stave off the hypos.

I have had hypos that come out of nowhere before and it is darn right scary! I was just at the grocery store the other day when I happen to have one. It came so suddenly that I had no warning sign. I began to shake uncontrollably and I couldn't talk at all. I sat on the floor and my husband gave me a granola bar that was in my purse to eat. I could barely get it down so he asked the clerk if he could grab a pop for me and pay for it with the groceries. I drank some of it and finally started to come around. I was really wiped out and he helped me out to the car so I could sit in there while he got the rest of the groceries. I finally was able to talk the time he got into the car. I would like to prevent something like that from happening again! Would anyone have any advice on preventing hypos like that? I would like to hear some thoughts and ideas so that I can quit having hypos. I am nervous that something like that will happen and I won't have anyone around to help me. It is a terrifying thought for me.

I can imagine that your experience has left you feeling worried about having a hypo when you are not home and safe. You can prepare yourself by checking your blood sugar before you leave the house and make sure it is at the right level. If it is a little on the low side, you may want to try to eat a carb unit and see if it carries you over. You may also want to bring a snack like a candy bar in your purse to have a quick carb when you need it.