I thought last Saturday morning I was going to do the great Saturday Morning Type 2 Hypo Experiment... lol.  It started with me getting up and checking my blood sugar.  It was about 102.  I went for a run and I ran until I got to 20 minutes and then turned around and ran back home.  I check my sugar again.... 77.  I felt invigorated and awake.  I think I should do this every morning so I get out of my morning grogginess.  I didn't eat much for carbs, maybe 15 grams.  I ate enough so i wouldn't have a rebound sugar and still maintain my lower blood sugar.  I just did activity as normal the rest of the day.  As soon as I had 4 carb units at lunch I felt the lull again.  So I may stay with 3 units instead.

I am not sure if playing around with your blood sugars like that is advisable.  I would hate to see you accidently go into a hypoglycemic episode from doing your Saturday morning experiment.  It can be very dangerous to put yourself in a low blood sugar range that could plummet to where you pass out or go into a coma.  It is just not a good idea to put yourself in that situation.  I don’t want to discourage you from exercising so please keep up with your running.  Just be sure that you keep your blood sugars in a good range. You should carry a snack with you as well to ensure that you have a carb on you in case you start getting shaky or disoriented while on your run.  When you feel invigorated, you may be feeling what they call a runner’s high.  If you have your endorphins levels go up during a run, you will feel great.  Maybe this is what you are having rather than feeling great because of a hypo.

Hello!